Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is my Toyota lexcen worth please

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What about TEZZA. He might have some imput into this thread as well :) :)
This is not a silly answer. Like the ZB will never be sought after, neither will a Lexen. Unfortunately a Lexen won't be wanted by Toyota enthusiasts and it's not really a Commodore so limited Holden enthusiasts will want it. I liked the Lexen to be about as a collectable Toyota as a Toyota Avalon..... It will just be a cheap car and hopefully the OP brought it cheap. Although it could have a few miles yet before it starts having too many problems.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^ but a ZB is not a Commodore. 99% of this forum agree about that.
The only Toyota-ish bit of a Lexcen is the
Emblem
badge.

Personally, I think Toyota and Holden flipped a coin for who got the better looking front grille and bar ...... Holden lost.
A Lexcen is a cross-dressing Commodore. The same period Holden Nova is a Corolla.

If the OP is worried about driving a Lexcen with a paper bag on his head to avoid the shame, put a Lexus badge on it and confuse the unknowing detractors.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The problem I can see with this car is, it has been sitting for 17 years...What's stuffed? Braking system, suspension, tyres, motor/transmission/diff....

So what is it worth? $500, because you have to sink another $5,000 to get it half reasonable to drive on the road...

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Hi so I have just picked up a Toyota lexcen 89 really clean body is straight paint is mint not a thing wrong with only 33000 ks on it with logbook servicing to back it up I’m 2nd owner I bought it off a old lady who’s husband bought it brand new then died a year later and she didn’t have a licence so it was parked in a underground car park for 17 years b4 I got it I’m not interested in selling but I have been told so many different pricings I don’t no where to start could someone please help me pictures are attached
You’ll probably find there is more needed to get it up to road worthy condition than expected, given it has not been used for seventeen years. I may be wrong.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
put it up for auction with that history and low ks somebody will buy it and we see what prices old commys are getting its crazy

Last edited:

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I hate old cars that have sat for years rotting internally start driving it and the oil leaks ect will start. I used to take this silly woman out that some other fool brought a 2001 astra with 35k's on it in 2014 . Im sure every one of the first 35k's was a trip to the corner store 500 meters away. It was constant trouble.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Personally, I think Toyota and Holden flipped a coin for who got the better looking front grille and bar ...... Holden lost.
A Lexcen is a cross-dressing Commodore. The same period Holden Nova is a Corolla.
[/QUOTE]

I read back in the 1990's, when Forums started, that the Lexcen grille was designed by Toyota Oz in a day,poster claimed to be ex GMH so may be correct.
VN-VP grilles,with the exception of the Calais,were a joke and despite calls from their Dealer network to re-design nothing was done until the VR.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
And the Camry is an Apollo
Nissan Patrol = Ford Maverick
Mazda 323 = Ford Laser
Mazda 626 = Ford Telstar

The car industry of the 80s and 90s was quite incestuous. They seem to be getting back into it again now with the Toyota 86 = Subaru BRZ and Toyota Supra = BMW Z4.