Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is needed to go from SSV to SSVR Brembo brakes?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Brembos under 18”
IMG_2277.JPG

(de-burred)

Brembos under 19” VE SSV
IMG_2278.JPG

(Eibach TÜV adaptors)

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras ac nibh id felis accumsan placerat. Vestibulum fringilla massa vitae mauris malesuada egestas. Phasellus in nisi mauris. Phasellus posuere diam sed enim vehicula, at sollicitudin eros dignissim. In quis viverra lorem. Integer interdum quam vel massa congue ullamcorper. Donec hendrerit et purus in malesuada.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Do you think eBay USA would be ok then. I've never used amazon. Will look into it. Did you get CTS V brakes? And you say it has the same Brake Master Cylinder displacement with those 6 pistons? What's the upgrade then on the SSVR brake master? Is there any major differences?

Do I need larger rotors for the 6 piston then? I guess I can get CTSV rotors too...

You won’t get cheaper than that but only couple of hundgy more on eBay. Amazon Prime is like Costco membership, very efficient and quick worthwhile if you shop online, this deal would pay for itself and still save.
Yes I got CTS-V brembos all 4 pistons ea, was the first here about four years ago. Now done 180k km on front rotors looking to switch up to the front combo I quoted above. Coz looks really.
That includes everything, best DBA rotors 370mm per CTS-V.
Regarding piston displacement vs master cylinder there has been raised several times over the years, it is the same master cylinder used SS & ZL1.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Fusce a ornare cursus mi sollicitudin lacus eros luctus dictum, ornare consectetur nisl tellus imperdiet hac ullamcorper ornare quam etiam, habitant habitasse quam viverra aliquam aenean fames laoreet tincidunt nec a nisl id aenean etiam pharetra adipiscing hendrerit mauris.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
IMG_2275.JPG No spacers, SSVR Alcoa drop forged.
Never ever think about buying HSV brakes again. Google that, better still speak to Matt or Greg at Race Brakes / GSL Rallysport the forum sponsor.
They really provide good advice.

Last edited:

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Lectus suspendisse eget feugiat hendrerit morbi dictumst facilisis senectus pretium, adipiscing diam lacinia urna aenean habitant vehicula dolor.

Last edited:

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Am I right in saying the CTS-V brakes are the same as the Camaro brakes?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Am I right in saying the CTS-V brakes are the same as the Camaro brakes?
Basically, yes. They are mounted differently on the CTS-V so you need to swap the bleed and pipe around, the plus though is that one of the rear pistons are larger than the other, forget what that’s called, but means correct application of the pad to rotor. More effective and no squealing.
Camaro rear rotors are different means no handbrake maybe same with CT-V, also different length hydraulic lines.
Best to speak with GSL for more detail. You don’t need steel braid really.