Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the best type of paint for this??

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hey everyone, i would like to pick up a set of chasers, and spray them black, what would be the best type of paint i could use to do this?? I dont want to spend to much obviously cause the just **** wheels- I' ve seen a few chasers here and there which are already black in colour, but nothing really quite up to scrathch...any help with the paint type would be great..cheers-:thumbsup:

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
when you say chasers I assume you mean pursuit rims ? Ive seen them brand new in the wreckers and trailer shops for fairly cheap ,probaly cheaper to buy a new set than piant an old set

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah either pursuits, or just stock rims doesnt matter.., how much for a complete new set though, probably a few hundred i reckon, thought it would be easier getting a cheap set from the wreckers and painting them up..

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I think they are about the $200 for a set ,but if you go to a wreckers and can get them cheap raid all of the spare wheels to make up a set , usualy most are mint and have never been used and wont need repainting because they have lived in the boot

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I still wanna paint them black though......:thumbsup: they will match my new 5% window tint, especially running around at night time!!:yeah:

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
powdwer coat is the best wearing thing but a bit costly in the end ,cant think of any paint that wont have be touched up after a while

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah i dont wanna just spray em and then the paint just chip or flake of a week later or something. Ive seen them painted black before though, whether they were powdercoated or not im not sure but the had a glossy finish to them. I thought powder coating leaves a sort of matt finish? dunno could be wrong...

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
What you do is wet sand them down, let them dry, and go buy some engine enamel from supercheap, mask up and paint :)....

my mate done it like that and they have been going for a while and are still glossy, he didnt even need clear....

id recommend it :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
thanks mate i'll give it a go, do you know how many coats he gave it, im gonna do it with the tyres off, so i can cover them completly,

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
my rule with anything is minimum 4 coats..... then whatever is left spray equally between all 4 rims...

i dont know how many he done but i like to do alot :)