Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is the least favorite thing about ur car?

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Sorry mate, thats a fail.

If you are paying that much for your tyres, unless you race the thing in a serious way every weekend, you have wasted mininum 2 grand for wank factor, and will do so again if you repeat the mistake when they wear out.

You can get plenty of quality tyres at a fraction of that cost.. thats just silly and unnecessary. The performance gains may be there, but not sufficient to justify a cost like that. Good on you for your commitment, but someone is sucking you in.

You realise you just called 90% of people on this forum morons because they paid a fair price for their tyres? They might think you are the moron I guess for spending so much. I dont call people names, but I think you've made a mistake paying so much.
Yeah he probably overpaid, $2500 is probably a more reasonable figure for E series HSV tyres.

I wouldn't buy a HSV in the first place because it doesn't represent good value for money. Try find 275/35R19 tyres that grip as well as RE050A's and last as long for less then $800 each and i'll be impressed. You can get Kumho KU31s or something for third of the price but they don't grip as well and only last half as long.

I'm sure there are people that are happy to buy whatever is cheapest as long as it is black and round, and there is nothing 'wrong' with that, but they aren't going to get the performance that the OEM tyres got. Why would anyone buy a HSV and not give it some every now and then? If i owned a HSV with less then OEM performing tyres i would feel like a cheap f**k every time it broke traction lol.

Personally i have 225/55R16 Bridgestone RE001's on my car which is far from a performance car (stocko V6 with mild suspension), $230 a corner and pretty much outperforms/outlasts anything for that price... I don't flog my car that often but it's good to know i have the grip there when i need it.

Last edited:

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
The fact that it's an automatic V6, I'm too attached to it to sell it and get something more powerful, and I cant decide what engine combo I want if I was going to swap it out

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The damned low speed steering shudder. It's an annoyance but not bad enough to shell out over a hundred dollars to fix.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Handbrake lever. Felt cheap 5 years ago on the VE. Still crap in 2011 :(

Reaper

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
69 rs ss camaro/ rodeo dual cab
brake light

Just bought a 1995 rodeo dual cab for work( sick of getting my vp senator gettin trashed on building sights , any way i start car, let hand brake off (the stupid under dash ones) and brafe light wont go off, fluid fine breaks good and hand brake works. Any advice would be appreciated, ive always owned v8's mainly and ive never owned a car with these twist and pull/ push hand brakes

DrJeckyl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN commodore S1 & VXII Berlina LS1
Its not a VE GTS

The pig

Reaction score
Members Ride
69 rs ss camaro/ rodeo dual cab
dream

One thing that makes me happy till reality kicks in, my 69 Rs camaro of
17years sittin in a shed in QLD, 4link, sandblasted bare metal, thatll never hit the black top coz the government keep screwing us all to keep control. Ha if i ever did get it cruisin the price of fuel would be ten times more.

jamesmp

The Photo Journalist
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Members Ride
MY12 VE Commodore SS
I don't really hate much about my car other than having to depress the clutch to start. That gives me the shits and no one knows how to disconnect it!

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I don't really hate much about my car other than having to depress the clutch to start. That gives me the shits and no one knows how to disconnect it!

Just earth out the wire. Or isn't it that simple?

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Petrol is way to ###n overpriced.... So if you own a petrol station, own a petrol refinery or run around the desert pumping oil out of the ground. I suggest not holidaying in Queensland and telling people what you do. Cause if i saw you, Id run your ###n scum arse over :D