Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Could buy an LFX crate engine and have a blower fitted to that if looking for cheaper options.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A bloke on here is looking to sink $15k for some mild gains on his LS. I suggested he spend a bit more and go LSA crate. Seems hardly worth sinking a whole lot of coin into an engine with 150k on it already, when $9k more you have brand new donk with more power than basic upgrades on a 6L...

H

harrop.senator

A bloke on here is looking to sink $15k for some mild gains on his LS. I suggested he spend a bit more and go LSA crate. Seems hardly worth sinking a whole lot of coin into an engine with 150k on it already, when $9k more you have brand new donk with more power than basic upgrades on a 6L...

Price of fitting , different hoses , Interchiller lines, gearbox stall change , wiring harness and tune blows it out though.

Lfx you can get new for 3.5-4k and were available in the body shape and the box and clutch is the same. Fuel system can be bought stock to fit it and so can the harnesses .

Full exhaust and a tune and you'd be making close to 270-300rwhp already before any talk of cams or a spray of giggle lol.

VEsv6LY7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HFv6 ly7 2007
Bought all stuff keep you posted on what gains I get,
Your wanting 300kw, no hope without boost. My cammed V8, with Magna, extractors and OTR only has 314kw.
Well I bought all the goodies I’ll let you know how it goes, 75shot of nos is equivalent to 56kw and ly7 have vvt maybe that’ll play a part in the tuning. I’ve seen a video on a ly7 with no engine internals upgraded and some nos hitting 444kw. It did have the mace cpr7 or cpr9 air intake manifold tho. (can’t remember exactly)
Only time will tell and at the end of the day this hasn’t really cost all that much. I’ll try to keep you posted.
I think worst case is 70kw gain best case could be around 100kw but I am being hopeful. I’ll two hole the intake nicely, so it’s getting maximum air.

BOOSTDVTL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTL67
Bought all stuff keep you posted on what gains I get,

Well I bought all the goodies I’ll let you know how it goes, 75shot of nos is equivalent to 56kw and ly7 have vvt maybe that’ll play a part in the tuning. I’ve seen a video on a ly7 with no engine internals upgraded and some nos hitting 444kw. It did have the mace cpr7 or cpr9 air intake manifold tho. (can’t remember exactly)
Only time will tell and at the end of the day this hasn’t really cost all that much. I’ll try to keep you posted.
I think worst case is 70kw gain best case could be around 100kw but I am being hopeful. I’ll two hole the intake nicely, so it’s getting maximum air.
Did you ever build it or sell it for sunshine in a baggie