Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is the problem with my system?

coco_ae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hello all..

my system composed of JVC 2-Din HU connected to a Kenwood 640w max destrbuting to four 6.5" 180w max JBL door speakers.

the problem is the 4 speakers act like every two speakers act like one ( right & left)

for example when i change the sound to the right and left from the HU it do ok .. but when i want to change front and back it act like the rear speakers is connected with the front .. just when i make the sound from the front only the sound still come from all 4 speakers and when i change it to the back only all speaker go silent ?

this is my system components :

KW-XG706.jpg

http://www.jvc-me.com/productAccessory.asp?prodid=1104&productid=KW-XG706

301_200_141.jpg

Kenwood - KAC-8401

GTO638.jpg

JBL Car & Marine Audio

help please

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Firstly mate i'd like to thank you for supplying us with the links/pics of the products you have installed, makes our job easier ;)

I just have one question for you........do you have the user manual that came with the head-unit?
I ask this becasue the specs from the link you gave only say the unit has 2 pairs of RCA preouts, but below this states it has subwoofer control. What i would like to know is this second preout switchable from rear to sub?)

What i would assume has happened is the installer (or yourself) have used one RCA cable to connect to the head-unit (out of the front preouts) and then used a pair of RCA splitters to split the two RCA plugs into 4, and connected the 4 plugs into your amp. This means the amplifier is only receiving the front outputs of the head-unit, which would be the reason why you cant fade from front to rear.

If im confusing you let me know and i'll make it easier to understand ;)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Holdenboy I was literally typing the same sort of message when I noticed that you had already beat me to it. Your reply wasn't there when I opened the thread, curse your quickness :D.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
haha, gotta be quick mate :cool:

coco_ae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thanks for your help ..

i check the preouts and took this pic from the backside of the HU

Attachments

• 20090325105.jpg
    20090325105.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 201

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Theres your problem, only the front preout used. Just put another RCA cable from the rear preouts into the channel 3+4 inputs of the amp, assuming the installer was smart enough to put the front speakers on channels 1+2.

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
do those rcas look plugged in the wrong way to you? it you were colour coding or not?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
HAHA, yeah I didn't even notice that. It wouldn't make a difference if its also plugged in the wrong way at the amp.

Who did this installation anyway?

coco_ae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
lol... guys you made me regret installing in that place

well i took another cable and adjusted the amp .. so i think the problem is solved as the fade works now

thanks all

PS: before i post here i asked the monkey and he said at first it can't be done and another one said he will do it for $70 , after i bought the cable for $8 did it myself .. lol