Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the proper way for hooking up the luggage net in the boot?

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hey guys,

MY VZ Calais didn't come with the luggage net that you get in the boot, so I went and bought one because I thought it would be useful to stop groceries from flying about. Can anyone help me with the correct way of hooking it up? Are there different configurations for connecting it?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Did it come with a diagram on how to install??
It should have come with two, two sided hooks. You will already have two of these at the top corner of the boot (just inwards from the tailights).
If u look diagonally from these hooks just above the floor of the boot you'll see a cap (one on each side) remove these & screw in the hooks, then using the diagram install the net accordingly.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
The Calais came with a net from the factory so the hooks are already there. I only needed to order the net to fit the already existing hooks. I think I have it hooked up correctly but I just wanted to make sure there were no tricks to setting it up.

The net has six hoops to connect to the hooks. Currently I have it hooked up so the hooks near the entrance to the boot have 2 hoops each. The lower hooks are connected to the hoops on the net with the longer rope ends. I'll try and search around for some images to see if it is right.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
What of is this net you speak of? I need a net in my boot. Because I do 300km's every weekend to see my squeeze I always keep a spare bottle of water and jumper leads in the boot (soon to add some oil too). But they are always banging around back these.

So how big is this net and what area does it secure?

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Its in the car manual.
But to make it easier for yall.

Image018.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image016.jpg

So there ya go. Hopefully that clear it up for yall.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Sweet cuppin' cakes! Thanks Nitronic. That is exactly how I have it set up so I am stoked.

Bullitt, the net was a bit of a rip off at $84 inc GST. I tried looking for one over the internet but it is hard finding any information about them at all. The only option I had left was to bite the bullet and go to a Holden dealer here in Canberra and order it. They hadn't even really heard of it and I needed to tell them that they came with the VZ Calais. They struggled to find it on their system but eventually found it. It is called a "Luggage Net" and if they type that into their system they should find it. Not too sure if the SV6 has all the hooks so compare it to the images above before you order as you may need to order the hooks as well.

Once I ordered it, it took only 2 days to arrive which is pretty impressive. I used it last night with the groceries and it is quite handy.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
not sure but places like supercheap may have a universal style that would fit as well, as 84$ for a net is fairly steep imo. good idea though, should consider one for mine

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Thats an even better diagram than what i got!
$84 damn, i was only charged $70, but still for a net!

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Yeah it is a lot to pay for a net but the boot is pretty big and I'd rather not have to put stuff behind the seats because it can put marks on my leather and velour. I have often felt the need for one and wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think it was going to be useful.