Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is the silver foil pipe going to the air intake chamber please?

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
hi. ive, done a search, checked my workshop manual over and over, but cant find where this thing is mentioned. im talking of on a vt v6. the silver foil hose thingy, that runs from next to the egr valve and goes into the air intake chamber.
the reason i ask, is because mine is about 1.5 inches short (strange) and when i slide it to either end of its connecting pipes (it isnt clamped or anything), i can hear the air sucking noise changing.
maybe this is my code 36 ;)

so, can someone please let me know what this hose is. and, should it be this short/sucking air (my guess is no). i tried to remove it completely but it didnt seem to want to come off to easily. it almost seemed like there was another hose inside it, as if it was just a cover, or heat shield.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It is to do with the EGR valve it think. That's about all I can tell you but I think it is just a heat shield with another pipe inside, as you said.

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
thanks accentsenticil. i found the related threads, now that i know what it is. its the pvc vavle pipe and heat sheild, which is leaking on me.
cant wait to fix and tick this off the list now. IM EXCITED!! :|