Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the stupidest thing you have heard someone say?

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Why don't F1 drivers drive with their visors up to keep themselves cool during hot races ?

ETH4N

Project VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commo
My nan asked me to get an ice block (meaning ice brick) when we were going to the movies to put it in with our goodies, we got there, opened it up and i had a rasberry iceblock in the box...LOL, made SeaFM have a good laugh

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
i like one of the state police commissioners about a year or so ago.

'we trialled not chasing (police chases for traffic offences) for 1 week and we actually had people coming up and ramming our police cars'

i call bullshit and that's got to be the most stupid justification for police action I have ever heard.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
asked a customer to pull the power out of his modem ( adsl ) and in the background i hear his loud pc die, the customer picked his phone up and said "uhh my screen just went black"...... now anytime i ask a customer to reboot their modem i make sure they know i mean their modem and not the tower.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
glassjowned said:
Should rename this thread to "instances where we think we're better than others because we're experts in our fields and they are just average people"

Oh god, how embarrassing...how silly of me to not know what sugar soap is.

Today at work, someone drew a footing plan for a shed, and he drew the footing diameters in a solid line (not even on the 'footing' layer) I mean, what an idiot, what kind of person doesn't know that footing diameters should be shown with a dashed line!!!?
Sugar Soap is actually a regular household cleaning product. Whilst I agree with the rest of your post, I found it surprising that someone wouldn't know what it was. The mere fact that they were asked if they "had sugar soap" would leave most sane people to ask what exactly was meant by that if they didn't know, it wouldn't lead me to the conclusion that I throw soap and sugar into a blender, and wash my car with that.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
A Long Long Time ago!

When I was much younger, I bought a F**d because my wife could not get the Holden we test drove into second gear.

Anyhow among my many complaints was a concern about the paintwork. I complained to the dealer, who arranged for a Service Rep to come out to talk to me.

Said expert produced an unbalanced elcometer, and proceeded to tell me that it proved the paint coat on the vertical surfaces met specifications.

I then produced the official instructions for an umbalanced elcometer, which stated that it was only accurate if held vertically.

I also produced a balanced elcometer and an electronic elcometer, which both agreed that the paint coating on the sides of the car were about 1/3 the thickness that they should have been.

Even with this proof, said rep still stood by his unbalanced elcometer result claiming it was valid. I tried to explain the operation of an unbalanced elcometer to him, including the role of gravity on test result when the item was not held vertical (leading to over-reading).

He then brightened up and told me that I did not know what I was talking about. After all, the workings were inside the meter, so gravity did not apply.

I invited the dealer rep to suggest to the service rep that he escape in a hurry, which he did. Won the case, and got a seven year paint and corrosion warranty in writing from the manufacturer.

As a technical authority at the time on aircraft surface finishing (paint), I was probably not the one to try to fool.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
A guy said to me once. "you'll need two camshafts for your V8".

There is more but I can't think atm. :D

Girl Torque

VL Calais 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais.. etc
these are great! Sad thing is I reckon I hear stupid comments (worthy of mention) every few days - the good ones do stick with you though :)

lastest one that's stuck is looking through photos of a Canadian holiday - there were seals on an iceberg.. the holiday goer/photographer showing the photos says 'I can't beleive the seals can live so far from civilisation' - lol! They honestly thought the seals needed shops or something..... eck! They've not heard the end of that one yet :)

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
My older brother had not touched a keyboard key in his life and he bought a new computer for his business. He wanted to do the "spread sheet thingys" so I tryed to install office for him but the cd was damaged and I said to him this isnt going to work. He replyed with "Cant you just hack into the main frame and download it to the window?"