Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the ugliest commodore?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
And can't forget the VL director!!!

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
vt's are pretty grose and really dont like the rear on vn's

myVRrules

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L manual, VE Omega Sportswagon
yep, VP for me too, bad from all angles...plus the colours:that greeny one - uhh.

SUS.SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SERIES II WAGON
vt damn shame

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
The steering wheel in VN/VP Exec. Horn pad looks like a bean or something ugly.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
also gangster fairlanes look pimp.

I agree, particularly the EA-EL shape (not sure which ones you had in mind). I've thought for a long time that a really cool budget cruiser could be built from one of them; low, right set of wheels - some of the later model factory ones if really cash strapped, even an engine swap from a BA- turbo. Don't bother with the paint.

I do see a nice looking LTD asking $1300 on my way to work. Mmmm...

Even an ex Silver Service taxi (later model) might work if done right.

For me, the VL has to be the worst looking Commodore. Some time ago I read a treatise on car design suggesting that you could tell the difference between car shapes that were developed from drawings and those that were developed as physical (now virtual) models. The VL would appear to be the former and suffers for it. The Walkinshaw variant, while functional is the worst.

(Dis)honourable mention goes to the VQ and VR-VS based LWB cars (the former worse).

VN's, while boring, can look good with the right wheels and suspension height so I'll let them pass.

VP Calais can also look good (the stock ones not so much). I'd like to see one done in a similar style to this:

1:64 DUB City 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Silver Jada c2 | eBay

I find the mention of VT's interesting becaause when they were new they were considered to be a good looking car. Maybe they just looked a lot better than AU Falcons :).

Last edited:

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
I agree, particularly the EA-EL shape (not sure which ones you had in mind). I've thought for a long time that a really cool budget cruiser could be built from one of them; low, right set of wheels - some of the later factory ones if really cash strapped, even an engine swap from a BA- turbo. Don't bother with the paint.

I do see a nice looking LTD asking $1300 on my way to work. Mmmm...

Even an ex Silver Service taxi (later model) might work.

Yeah was referring to EA - EL era, i wouldnt mind a nice black NL fairlane. But most models really, LWB FTW