Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the ugliest commodore?

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
any commodore that looks like its been un-loved... :(

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Verynice, I just realised that I am disparaging VR-VS LWB and you own one! Sorry. It's not personal and some definitely look better than others :).

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Verynice, I just realised that I am disparaging VR-VS LWB and you own one! Sorry. It's not personal and some definitely look better than others :).

not to worry mate, everyone has their own taste ;)

Jamesmaier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Executive
Definitely the series 1 VT's. The series two back lights boost the look dramatically IMO.
And then as mentioned above, any commodore that hasn't been looked after just looks horrible.
But top of the list would have to be a holden with..... wait for it....... a chevy badge on it! ewww!

philba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT acclaim
for me, there is only one ugly commodore, and it came from the man himself.
the HDT VL Director

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
damn you early commodore haters to hell!!!!! ...nah for me its the VP sorry VP owners the VN i could forgive holden for that model they total changed the appearance from the VL so it was all new and it was the bench mark for the V6....and what a car you could forgive holden for the shape because of that grunty V6 at the time when it came out people just wanted to check out this engine and the group A V8 OH HELL YEAH....but the square wheel arch they got wrong i admit im used to it now but back then it was awful holden had so many complaints hence why they went back to the round wheel arch....so the VN was to me a milestone for new models now but the VP was and is just damn ugly once again sorry VP owners but you should all drive around with paper bags on your cars...then again the VP is not half as ugly as the AU falcon..the designers of that were on crack lol

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
MY nomination is the VP Calais. That bloody awful ugly grille and those stupid rear wheel arch spats. They made an ugly car look even uglier.

Edit: Forgot the wheels on the VP Calais, too. Have to be the worst design Holden ever put on any model, although the VP SS cheese-cutters give them a run for their money in the ugly stakes.

Farrrk, that was an ugly model.

Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
VN SS = sexy sexy...

Anything VP = :spew:

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
I can't pick a base commodore that is all ugly, but I will pick the vp for the grill and rear wheel arches particularly the calais, The vt - vx arse end, and now the ve sportsWAGON

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
its funny every ones taste some hate the early girls some hate the new models but to hate a walky????? you should be just shot lol....thats why i love it when it came out people were running scared women and kids were screaming dogs were hiding they couldnt sell the things...some car dealers were even taking them off there car lots and having them resprayed in black...they were the most controversial car ever made hence why i love them...its like this if you owned a Zonda you want to stand out from the other super cars you wouldnt go and paint it beige? no you want it to be loud you want it say look here i am catch me if you can...thats what the walky is... its loud its damn right evil and at the time there werent to many other production cars that could rival it for sheer presence...now days the walky is one of the holy grails of commodores to have...an original one back then was around 45 grand now what are they worth? ive seen them up around 100 grand mark it will never drop in price it will only increase it might be ugly to some but ill have that ugly in my garage any day....ok maybe change the front to a calais and paint it black and lose a lot of money as an investment but what a car.