Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is thing thing? (found in door panel)

HALover9000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTs s/c
thing1.jpg

thing2.jpg

I found this laying loose in the bottom of my driver side front door panel. Ive heard something rattling in there for awhile. I dont know what it is?

Is it part of the electric window assembly? electric mirror? from somewhere inside the door? Maybe its just nothing? One bolt is missing from it and the other bolt has some cracked off metal from something it was attached to.

Somewhat related...

Driver window is stuck up position now. It was working last week but the centre console button was getting worn and finally cracked off, so i bought a new set of centre console switches (the whole modual oval peice with 4 switches of for centre console). Now I put that in and suddenly window wont go down. Just get click click click from relay but it seems to sound ok in other direction (cant move it either way)

So i thought this thing I could hear rattling might be wedged in the way, but it wasnt. Dont know what it is. Not sure if its part of the window or the reason the window wont move now...?

Anyway Im just gonna CRC the window motor mechnism because I cant see down inside there anyway, so now im kind of clueless why window wont move.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That’s no part of the door. Something totally random there.

Possible the window motor is flogged out.

Go back and double check the window motor is plugged in properly.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
It's holds your door open at certain points, and stops your door opening to far, I think it's called a check link.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
its a part of the Door Check Strap picture borrowed from ebay
s-l1600.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You are bloody right too!
VZ are different to this. My bad.

HALover9000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTs s/c
Thanks for identifying it guys. That makes sense because that door always falls back closed, does not hold itself open like the others. I thought the hinge was just a bit loose lol.

Thankyou

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
If you find a source for new ones let me know, I am after one as well for my VT Front driver door.