Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this and what is leaking?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
While i was putting new AC Delco spark plugs and MSD leads into the SS on saturday i noticed what looks like some sort of valve or actuator leaking some reddish liquid. Any ideas on whats going on?
It's located on the drivers side of the engine bay under the fuse box.

Attachments

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Looks like the heater tap leaking a bit of coolant.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Heater tap.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
These heater taps are cheap and pretty easy to replace. They fail all the time, its best to replace it sooner rather than later, as you can be sure as shite it will fail in the middle of nowhere, or in the night when its raining or at some other bad time.. Id be driving around with my eyes glued to the temp gauge until its fixed, as they fail all of a sudden and you lose all the coolant from the engine pretty much instantly.

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
These heater taps are cheap and pretty easy to replace. They fail all the time, its best to replace it sooner rather than later, as you can be sure as shite it will fail in the middle of nowhere, or in the night when its raining or at some other bad time.. Id be driving around with my eyes glued to the temp gauge until its fixed, as they fail all of a sudden and you lose all the coolant from the engine pretty much instantly.
And that is why i replaced mine when it was leaking. 50 bucks from either Repco or Holden with 12 Month Warranty.

jackcurrie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series II VY.
Just FYI, do it yourself. Good with cars or not, its simple enough. I was lazy and got mine installed for $170. Could have bought one for $40 and had it installed with a screwdriver and 10min of my time. Its not a huge issue, but you will definitely lose coolant over a weekly period or so - I lost about 100ml of coolant each week for a month before it REALLY got bad and went everywhere.