Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this apart of?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What about bolts for the inlet manifold? I just remembered from all this bolt talk that the bolts I took out were a little dirty/old looking, I gave them a good clean and what not, but I get them feeling one of them is starting to lose it's thread. It was either not in all the way or starting to thread so I backed off. It was after the torque wrench clicked, so I figured it was safe, but it just didn't seem to have as much resistance as the others.

I'll check it out tomorrow, but just in case it does turn out to be a **** bolt, I'm safe to use some more champion bolts as long as they are "High Tensile" on the inlet manifold to the heads? They are pretty loose anyway so I figure it'll be right. And yes I will be getting the right ones, I'll use another one of those thread testers.

Thanks greenacc and ari666.

If the bolts are badly corroded then take them down to your local bolt place and buy some replacements. Bang them in and you will be fine. Champion bolts are probably ok - just put a moderate amount of tension when tightening them and then check again in a few days. Intake bolts don't need to be super tight.

Reaper