Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this indicator in the External Rear View Mirror For?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I haven't been able to determine what this indicator symbol is used for and I have tried to look it up in the manual under "external mirrors"

There is the blind-spot warning indicator to the upper left of this symbol which does light up as normal but there is also this other indicator in the rear view mirrors. I have never noticed it coming on. If it is the Lane Departure Warning then I don't ever see it come on, only the green indicator in the speedometer and a "Beep"

Attachments

• 2013-09-24 11.22.39.jpg
    2013-09-24 11.22.39.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 965

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I notice you drive a calais V, the symbol represents when the heating element is on for the external mirrors.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Heating Element. they come on when the Rear demister is on.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I haven't notice them "light up" like the Blind spot monitor. So is this symbol connected to any illumination/background lighting? ie when it is "on" does the indicator change colour?

I haven't needed to use the read window demister so far so this is why I am asking.

begrubb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Calais-V 6.0L
I haven't notice them "light up" like the Blind spot monitor. So is this symbol connected to any illumination/background lighting? ie when it is "on" does the indicator change colour?

I haven't needed to use the read window demister so far so this is why I am asking.

it doesnt illuminate its just a sticker. the idea is, if it was cold enough to frost up your window, then it sure as hell was cold enough to frost up your side view mirrors

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
They don't light up
Its just an indicator to let you know the glass has the heating element
They work really fast. Love it in winter

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The mirrors will also defrost when it is very cold outside. There is a frost warning that will pop up sometimes and automatically have the mirrors heat up. I've seen this a few times when I had the Calais V.