Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this on my air intake/throttle body?

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
Hey guys, quick question, i've noticed an extra unit at the end of my air intake pipe infront of the throttle body.
My car is duel fuel, and i know that theres a mixing ring placed on the throttle body to restrict air flow, is that this thing that im noticing?

Here's a picture of mine:
vo0g28.jpg

And heres a random picture from google as to what seems to be normal, notice the right angle.
2r26aac.jpg

Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
Yes thats just the gas mixer.

Thanks mate.
Is this the part that restricts the air flow on converted cars or is that something else?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
That is the homosexual piece of equipment that essentially acts as a big fat pimple on your intake mouth.

Robs 30kw off mine, worst gas system in the world.

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
That is the homosexual piece of equipment that essentially acts as a big fat pimple on your intake mouth.

I know man, its the worst.
I bought my VR with a couple of performance modifications on it, along with the duel fuel.
Why anyone would want to increase performance with the intake restriction on it is beyond me.
I honestly can't remember the last time i used gas anyways, i don't find the weekly (sometimes fortnightly) tank of petrol too much of an issue with my bank account, and ill most likely be driving my girlfriends omega (i know.. i know...) a lot more soon anyways so im looking to convert back to straight petrol. I can feel my car wanting to pull a bit harder but being restricted due to the lack of air.

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
30 kw less or fuel that cost nearly 3 times the price, tough choice

mmm, as i said i don't use the gas system. I know some people will have their rants about how cheap it is and if i have it why not use it, but it just isn't necessary for me, id pick power over cheap gas any day.
Anyways, a full tank of petrol these days costs me between $60.00 - $70.00, and for the driving that i do lasts me around a fortnight, give or take a couple of days.
A full tank of gas is around about $40.00, and for the same driving lasts me around 7 to 8 days, with less performance than petrol. I don't know if i maybe just have a shitty system, but its not really the amazing savings people tell me it is.

Last edited:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
mmm, as i said i don't use the gas system. I know some people will have their rants about how cheap it is and if i have it why not use it, but it just isn't necessary for me, id pick power over cheap gas any day.
Anyways, a full tank of petrol these days costs me between $60.00 - $70.00, and for the driving that i do lasts me around a fortnight, give or take a couple of days.
A full tank of gas is around about $40.00, and for the same driving lasts me around 7 to 8 days, with less performance than petrol. I don't know if i maybe just have a shitty system, but its not really the amazing savings people tell me it is.

Shitty tune maybe? It depends on how many k's you do and what you're paying for LPG and petrol but $1-1.5K per year would be a pretty typical saving range of LPG over petrol if it's working properly.

In comparison to the other systems that you have tested?