Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this thing in the boot?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
They do serve a purpose. I once had a VN that had a high pitched whistle with the interior fan on. Crack a window and it would go away. It turned out that the boot carpet had fallen across the vent and blocked its flow. An easy fix but head scratching to find.

Matty14

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ute 5speed 3.8L
The plug you speak of could be for a sub woofer amplifier. I don't know if Berlinas have sub woofers but if they don't it is possible that they use the same loom as a Calais which does have sub woofers

If it would be for a sub, I'm pretty sure the vu doesn't come with one cause there's a heap of them going across the back

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Also there was a plug hiding there that was not connected to anything and I'd like to know what it is.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Post a picture of the plug.

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
I will. But I've got to that bloody plastic jack holder out again to do it. To dark out now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

spadar

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh2 statesman
hi.it is possible that the plug is for the ""diversity antenna""---America only and is normally only found in statesmans. check the shop manual. love that car.cheers