Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is this tubing called?

TweePollution

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
As i installed a new rocker gasket seal, i noticed this tube has melted and needs replacing as it has basically snapped OFF!

I was wondering if you guys could give me the name of this part so when i duck down to super cheap auto tomorrow i know what to look for, it sits under this cover (Could've taken the cover off, i know im sorry but i was in a rush to get out of there) but it connects to the bottom of the throttle body. It is the tube right below the label in this picture [SOURCE: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...4-vt-vx-3-8l-ecotec-engine-bay-labelled.html]

2392010enginebaylabelle.jpg

Attachments

• 1000hours.jpg
    1000hours.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Sounds like a PCV pipe or something. It's just a piece of tube, Supercheap won't have a 'part' per se, without a picture of it we won't know for sure though.

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
Think 1 is a purge (pcv) hose and the other is a breather hose

TweePollution

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Spot on mate, cheers for that one its the breather hose, much appreciated and my car appreciates it too.

And cheers _R_J_K_ i appreciate you trying to help, i know i didn't leave much to go on...

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I just took mine off for a sample for the size and got rubber fuel line and two new hose clamps.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I just took mine off for a sample for the size and got rubber fuel line and two new hose clamps.

supercheap were out of stock and i was expecting to pay up to 10 bucks for half a metre there

went to sprint auto, and they gave me quarter of a metre for 2 bucks!!!

TweePollution

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
New heatproof tubing is installed ;) got 1/4 meter for $4 at Car Bitz *Local private car part sellers* and it fit like a condom

thanks for the help guys