Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is what?

kramreltub

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF FORD FAIRMONT
HI -I am a MORON !
I was not paying any attention to new cars during the 1980s until this year as I always drove 'classic' V8s from the 1950s/60s/70s, so now I'm old (52) & need a very CHILLED car with modern AIR CONDITIONING for my wife's health & need data.
We both got crook-(Ross River) & I had to sell all my nice ol' cars to live on over the last 10 years or so & now am very broke but ALIVE !:D

So, I need to buy a 1990s Commodore or Statesman or the equivalent but whilst I know the 'letters' of Commodore models-(sorta?), VN/VP/VR/VS,etc, I don't really know which have the 5litre V8 motor & whether the Statesman has the same 'letter' as the same model Commodore.
For example; a 1992 Commodore V6 may be a VP but is the Statesman also called a VP?
I want a cheap V8 but cannot really figure out which models within each series(VP/VR) has a V8=(Senator?,Calais, Berlina?... HELP PLEASE!!!):bang::bang::cry::bow:

I know this sounds really STUPID..."Where was this jerk?" -I can hear ya'll saying!
Well, I was livin' in the bush, having FUN, collecting old cars & playin' in bands, no TV, phone, power, "modcons" & generally IGNORING the 'modern' world & "diggin' it"!;);):yeah: Till the Mozzies got us!..........It is true!

So, any advice & info about which models from VN to VS & the V8 versions & their names would REALLY be appreciated, as my son gave me his '95 Falcon 6cyl/auto junk & I HATE it & do not trust it !

Thanks, kramreltub.:confused::embarrass:sleeping::yeah:

Calais1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo S2, VX Calais S2, WH Statesman LS8
Off the top of me head, as follows,
VN Commodore/ Calais late 1988 to 1991
VP Commodore/ Calais late 1991 -1993
VQ Statesman/ Caprice late 1991 – 1993
VR Commodore/ Calais & Statesman/ Caprice late 1993 – early 1995
VS Commodore/ Calais & Statesman/Caprice – late 1995 - early 1997
VT Commodore/ Calais late 1997 – early 2000