Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is wrong with it???

mycarsucks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Commodore
ok guys im new to this forum and im just damn right pissed!!!!!!! :bang:

i have a genIII SS commodore and im just having too much trouble then its worth...

ok ill write a list.

1) IRS is Fu@#ed (making noise, driver side diff gear.... well in half) replaced and now 5 months later samething again!

2) engine ECU keeps blowing.... (the guy at the shop said it keeps on well burning) i went to 3 different shops they all say the same thing. replaced twice now.

3) cluster sometimes stops working..... dont know why. still need it to get checked.

4) engine keeps blowing 3 and 8 coils (dont know why) replaced each one at least 3 times.

5) auto trans keeps slipping...... pretty sure its dead or on its way.

6) not somuch important against the above but stereo only uses drivers side speaker and sometimes rear speakers.... loose wires?????

now ive had it since new (when i mean new it had only done 700km on it) and just drive it from adelaide to victor harbor around twice a week. i dont thrash it, i dont do any stupid stuff. the fastest ive been in it would be 140km/h so i just dont know...... its fully insured im just thinking about leaving it on the street with the keys in it and hope some one takes it..... im just really, really fedup with it all. its done about 120,000km now and ive had many cars go around the clock at least once. so im just asking has anyone had this much trouble???? or have i just got some really crappy built thing????? REALLY NEED HELP!!!!! :bang:

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
dont leave it with the keys in it or your insurance wont pay you :p

Did these problems come up when it was under warrenty?

Old man used to have a VY SS and we had problems like faulty fuel gague, LSD, and steering wheel audio controls, but that was it and we got traded it with about 120,000

Jbird

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY monaro
hmm, i know its a shot in the dark but try looking at your vehicles history, i know you can do it at vicroads but you never know u car could of been in some serious damage in the 700km that u didnt own it. lol

i know its abit stupid but its worth a try. They say that .05% of holdens out of the production line had major faults in them, u might be the unlucky one and be in the small group of peole

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Sounds like you have a dud one. I sold my VYII SS after 135,000 trouble free km. It had a hard life being used as a tow vehicle for most of it's time. Somehow your story doesn't quite sound right to me.

Reaper

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
Sounds like a pretty short list of faults to me, I wish my son would get rid of his, I'm sick of rooting around with it.

jonnyturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII SS
yeh i think you must be in that small percentage, or it's been crashed. when i get fed up wth thing's going wrong i don't muck about throwing money at it....trade it mate.