Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is your view on smoking? (and cigarette warning labels)

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Let's get this back on topic.....

It really bugs me cause if I breathe it in it triggers my lung problems and I cant breathe properly for the rest of the day

My Brother-In-Law has a health issue like you whereby cigarette smoke affects him terribly, even just inhaling a tiny amount. A day out can be ruined if he walks out of a building into a cloud of cigarette smoke. Sadly there are still inconsiderate smokers out there who don't care about others health and well being enough to move away from the entrances to buildings.

Yes they have a right to smoke, I am not denying anyone that, but those that do smoke should be mindful of others and respect their desire not to inhale your smoke or have their clothing and hair filled with smoke. There are so many reasons not to smoke these days, however smokers get so damn defensive about their habit rather than admit they are simply addicted. I am sure there are a large number of smokers who secretly wish they didn't smoke but don't like to admit they have no willpower (yet) to quit.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
You want facts? Facts seem to be lost on smokers, there are facts on each packet you buy, there are facts in medical journals, cancer wards.... facts everywhere telling you smoking is bad but yet you do it. I see no FACTS from smokers on why they should smoke, just a lot of excuses... really quite sad actually.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
You want facts? Facts seem to be lost on smokers, there are facts on each packet you buy, there are facts in medical journals, cancer wards.... facts everywhere telling you smoking is bad but yet you do it. I see no FACTS from smokers on why they should smoke, just a lot of excuses... really quite sad actually.

I'm not disagreeing with that. Keep it up all you like. What I don't like is an argument from an "all my friends agree" POV as I originally said.

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well we all tried giving you the facts first (not you, everybody on this thread agreeing smoking is good) and they didn't accept those facts, so now i resort to making it clear that most people on here agree its bad, and there are a few ones on here that have smoked and quit, and can now say "why the hell did i do it", it clearly makes a point. Maybe everybody will accept that point, coz they don't seem to understand all the others, nor do they get the risks ion tv, the packets, adverts, everywhere they look