Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is your view on smoking? (and cigarette warning labels)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
They don't wanna quit, they don't have to quit.

So unless they're blowing it in my face, I've no issue with it.
The attitude of the govt goes deeper then just the pictures on the packet though. It's not about saving people, or money even. It's about the illusion of control. If enough dick heads think the govt has power over them, then they do.
The pictures don't impact the smokers one iota. They have more of an impact on the non-smoking bleeding heart uninformed sheeple that see them and think "What a wonderful world we live in with an organisation that saves us from all the bad in the world".

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Ahhh FFS. The last thread on smoking had PLENTY of contributions from me.

Bottom line is this. Smoking is quite simply the most STUPID thing anyone can do. It's a CHOICE regardless of what anyone says. I know people who were more than pack a day smokers who stopped over night, simply because they chose to.

Anyone that chooses smokes in this day and age when so much is understood about it (and NOT ONE THING is positive about smoking) is making the wrong decision.

Sure, the smokers will all come out and say "it's relaxing" and "it harms nobody but me" and other rubbish like that. But it's all just excuses for being in denial and not having the willpower to quit.

Hate to tell you that you're wrong but you are.. i just presented to you my findings, there are negatives but to say that there are no benefits to smoking is completely wrong.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
It'd be safe to say that the negatives outweigh the positives though.

Absolutely true. No argument there. But its a big step to say there are no benefits.

Also agree the government puts on a show for the sheep of the country to make them feel like they are doing something worth while with these laws, taxes and images.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
to say that there are no benefits to smoking is completely wrong.

WTF? It's costs stupid amounts of money as does absolutely NOTHING positive for anyone.

Unless you're talking about the profits to the tobacco companies - that's a positive for them I suppose. But there are no other positives. NONE! And that's a fact.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I want to distinguish between my interpretations of this:

I consider smoking: Consistently daily smoking of cigarettes Which I will never touch.

I do enjoy the very rare fine quality Cuban Cigar over a game of cards with a scotch or whatnot, or sheesha/hooka. But very very rarely.

I despise smoking to say the least...I hate the smell, I think it's a dirty look, when I deal with a professional and I smell tobacco on their breath, it's off putting as well as gross. Not to mention kissing a girl who smokes, like licking a dry ash tray...you still taste it all. Gross.

I don't look down on people who smoke, it's their choice, they suffer the consequences for their actions...But personally for me I don't like it, therefore I don't do it.

As for the graphic images, it's scare tactic propaganda...it has more effect on the non smokers than it does on the regular smokers....and it just eases the conscience of those legislating bodies who feel called to do something about the rising epidemic of smoking related illnesses. It's a bandaid fix that doesn't stem the flow of blood (figuratively speaking)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
CSP, go do some research as the OP has.
You're as brainwashed as the rest of the sheeple.

Cigarettes are ****, they do more bad then good. But that's not to say they do no good at all.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
WTF? It's costs stupid amounts of money as does absolutely NOTHING positive for anyone.

Unless you're talking about the profits to the tobacco companies - that's a positive for them I suppose. But there are no other positives. NONE! And that's a fact.

Why do i do this? why do i always think that you might at one point say something worth while instead of trolling? i give up.

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Ahhh FFS. The last thread on smoking had PLENTY of contributions from me.

Bottom line is this. Smoking is quite simply the most STUPID thing anyone can do. It's a CHOICE regardless of what anyone says. I know people who were more than pack a day smokers who stopped over night, simply because they chose to.

Anyone that chooses smokes in this day and age when so much is understood about it (and NOT ONE THING is positive about smoking) is making the wrong decision.

Sure, the smokers will all come out and say "it's relaxing" and "it harms nobody but me" and other rubbish like that. But it's all just excuses for being in denial and not having the willpower to quit.

Mate, I smoke around a pack a day (smoke rollies). How can you make calls like that, have you ever smoked fulltime?
You're right though, I don't have the willpower to quit, but it's because I choose not to quit. I won't smoke near restaurants/cafe's/ or if a baby/children are near. I only smoke by myself or with mates if we're out. Who's it hurting? ME.

Become a politician mate, you sure can speak some ****.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Why do i do this? why do i always think that you might at one point say something worth while instead of trolling? i give up.

I'm not trolling. Happy to be proved wrong. Find something positive to the smoker about smoking and I will admit I was wrong. Trouble is, because there isn't anything you won't be able to .