Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is your view on smoking? (and cigarette warning labels)

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Stress relief? LOL!!! Yeah, but it's not HEALTHY stress relief. It's far worse to consume a cigarette than to feel a bit stressed.

Next...

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
have you ever done a burnout in your car and had smoke fill the cabin? thats WORSE for you than a pack a day for 10 years

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'm not trolling. Happy to be proved wrong. Find something positive to the smoker about smoking and I will admit I was wrong. Trouble is, because there isn't anything you won't be able to .

I have been wanting to say this for a while, you do post worthwhile stuff now and then, but the problem is, it's the attitude in which you say it. Your very very pointed and blunt and get people's backs up with your brutal opinion, which may not be wrong...(according to perspective).

If you wanted my advice (take it or leave it, I'm just trying to be helpful) rethink the attitude in which you approach people and put forward your opinions or 'contributions' which may help to redeem your already unfavourable reputation on this forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for there being no Positives? Are you sure? I think smokers get alot of satisfaction out of smoking? Some people like something to do with their hands, some like the taste, some like it for the anti anxiety effects. It calms nerves and relaxes you....But at a great cost to your health....which is the overbearing thought in the back of smokers mind...but once they get addicted it's all over!

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I'm not trolling. Happy to be proved wrong. Find something positive to the smoker about smoking and I will admit I was wrong. Trouble is, because there isn't anything you won't be able to .

If I don't smoke I'm very irritable and get pissed easily, so in a way smoking is good for controlling that.
I feel relaxed after smoking.
I enjoy smoking.

They are positive but I still wish I could give up, its not as easy as people thing. Withdrawals is not only mental pain but physical pain as well.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I've seen stress do some really nasty things to people.

Vomiting, uncontrolled bowels. Profuse sweating, Hypeventelation... It can cause heart attacks and strokes.

So can smoking, but the effects of smoking tobacco is allot less violent then some effects of extreme stress.

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
If I don't smoke I'm very irritable and get pissed easily, so in a way smoking is good for controlling that.
I feel relaxed after smoking.
I enjoy smoking.

They are positive but I still wish I could give up, its not as easy as people thing. Withdrawals is not only mental pain but physical pain as well.

I can back that up 100% , people think it's easy to quit cold turkey. It's not. Simple.
Even with the stupid patches/inhaler/gum. They do nothing...

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I have been wanting to say this for a while, you do post worthwhile stuff now and then, but the problem is, it's the attitude in which you say it. Your very very pointed and blunt and get people's backs up with your brutal opinion, which may not be wrong...(according to perspective).

If you wanted my advice (take it or leave it, I'm just trying to be helpful) rethink the attitude in which you approach people and put forward your opinions or 'contributions' which may help to redeem your already unfavourable reputation on this forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for there being no Positives? Are you sure? I think smokers get alot of satisfaction out of smoking? Some people like something to do with their hands, some like the taste, some like it for the anti anxiety effects. It calms nerves and relaxes you....But at a great cost to your health....which is the overbearing thought in the back of smokers mind...but once they get addicted it's all over!

ROFL!!! :D Nothing wrong with my attitude... I just say what I think and will never be apologetic for that. I don't wear rose coloured glasses or try and please everyone. People can think what they want - I don't give a ****.

"It calms nerves and relaxes you....But at a great cost to your health" --- And that's my point. That statement right there is NOT positive. Because although you may feel calm and relaxed for a few minutes, you're POISONING your body and PERMANENTLY damaging yourself. Lungs do NOT recover from the damage of smoking...

I can back 100% what you just said, people think it's easy to quit cold turkey. It's not. Simple.
Even with the stupid patches/inhaler/gum. They do nothing...

One word: WILLPOWER - with enough of it, nothing is hard. If you think it's hard to stop smoking you simply don't have enough willpower. That's not just my opinion either - I have seen it FIRST HAND.

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ROFL!!! :D Nothing wrong with my attitude... I just say what I think and will never be apologetic for that. I don't wear rose coloured glasses or try and please everyone. People can think what they want - I don't give a ****.

"It calms nerves and relaxes you....But at a great cost to your health" --- And that's my point. That statement right there is NOT positive. Because although you may feel calm and relaxed for a few minutes, you're POISONING your body and PERMANENTLY damaging yourself. Lungs do NOT recover from the damage of smoking...

So now you're accepting, it DOES calm nerves and relax you?