Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what just happened :S

Rg123

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina II
hey guys
ok heres the problem, today i went on a drive to the misses house.
its only about a 10km drive and my car (vr 6) was running fine.
it was sitting at the front of the house for about 2 hrs and when i went to leave it wouldnt start. at first not even the starter motor would do anything then when it started to work the engine didnt start. after a third try the engine started but was vibrating heapss then and when i gave it a little juice (while in park) there was hardly any power. i turned it off for about 10 minuarttes started it agen and was fine. ( i must mention i was shitting myself due to the thought of her old man coming home from work before it started) is ever hapen to anybody else?? please help.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Could be a few things - fuel pump, CAS, DFI or coils are most common. Also can be the ECU

When it did it the first time was the fuel pump buzzing away?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
no idea mate, but it would be worth checking your battery terminals are clean and tight, and no wires are loose in the engine bay etc. And even before you do that check to see if there are any error codes.

A+d+a+m

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Series II R8 Clubsport Build 295
I had the same problem with my vr b4 it got ridden off.. it turned out to the the bands in the gearbox.. the car wouldnt change gears (if it didnt it wldnt go down again).. it ran rough in idle bcause the trans even when in park would somehow keep the car slightly in gear.. 380buks on bands and adjusting a few sensors and it was good as new.. also check that ur key has enough juice.. when the battery in them runs flat it wont start the car because a current cannot be created to let the injectors fire..