Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Kind Of Gps Do You Use Or Like?

Justin220

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Hi I'm intending to buy a new GPS which can guide to prevent me from lost from this new city. Do you guys have any good suggestions? Among these functions, which are the ones most useful? Bluetooth and IPOD support, TV function, size of the screen? And what kind of GPS are you using? I use to buy DVD Player from
Eonon. And I'm also considering this one eonon - 3.5 inch TFT LCD PORTABLE CAR GPS + USA-Canada. Is it good? Or do you have any other suggestion? Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Stay away from the Eonon GPS unit.....ive dealt with that model before and had MAJOR dramas, i ended up getting my money back but it cost me over $50 in postage costs (both forward and return) and the unit didnt even turn on FFS....sorry.....end rant ;)

As far as other suggestions go i would towards the Navman, Garmin etc.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I use my Samsung Omnia with Garmin software, works a treat. But I'd be sticking with the big brands like Garmin and Navman, like Holdenboy said. Solid reputation, also easy to get maps and software. Not saying that other brands won't do the job.

Not having a go but I'm curious as to why you want bluetooth, ipod support or TV function? I don't think music is going to sound very flash coming out of a tiny speaker. Bluetooth maybe depending on the unit. But TV support, I don't know about you but I get in my car, drive, then get out, no time in between to watch TV. Also you can't have a TV or similar device going when you are driving (that driver can see), GPS is the only exception. If a cop passes you and sees showtimes coming off a screen on your windscreen, they are going to pull you up.

Just my 2 cents.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I used to work selling GPS's in a past life, and i found tomtom were the go for a reliable gps with a straightforward interface. Failing that I'd go Garmin.

I would love one of these in my car though...
AVN4400
AVN726EA

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
I just bought a TomTom GO 730. It's great. Easy to use.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Got a Navman S45,had no problems at all with it plus its pretty easy to use.

Oh i've only had one problem & thats waiting for them to send out my free update lol.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
tomtom is the best
easy to use can update easy from net and ppl make poi's for them and post them up
i got tomtom on my fone and put it through dvd player in dash

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Are you looking at a portable GPS like a TomTom, Garmin or Navman or an in-dash 2-DIN unit that will also do CD/DVD/GPS/TV/Screen/etc?

If it is the portable one, a heap of people like TomTom, an equal share love Garmin, and some love Navman. I love Navman. I've got an S100 platinum, and even though too many people hate the GlideTouch screen, I love it. Just need to know how to use it.

If it is the latter, ie, the 2-DIN unit, then Pioneer and Eclipse make some pretty good units.

Justin220

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Thanks for all of your kind advice, really helpful to me. I want to get one as cheap as Eonon, haha, and I also found some people said Eonon is not bad. That wont leave me poor. Seems I can also take Navman, Garmin, tomtom , Pioneer for consideration. But which one is cheaper and good quality? maybe just with basic functions is OK.