Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What kind of plastic are vz clubsport bumpers made out of?

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SV6 Commodore 5 Speed AUTO 3.6L
just wondering what kind of plastic these bumpers are made out of trying to get it fixed from The Touch Up Guys and my local smash repair called Fixwells its got a big crack in it and they want to see if its the right kind of plastic so they can fix it up

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
ABS if it's genuine, fiberglass if it's fake.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
ABS, with primer, undercoat, paint and in some cases, clear-over-base (COB). That's why repairing cracks is not so straightforward.

Big cracks are best left to trade-qualified, very experienced repairers. There is a powdered plastic (also used to 'patch up' leaky windscreen wiper reservoirs) that is prepared and used to in-fill, then fine-sanded over, primed and painted — I had this done on the previous car (VZ wagon, rear right side bumper) and it was seriously flawless, albeit seriously expensive ($430 in 2011). Cracks left unrepaired will craze over time, a bit like cracked windscreens.

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SV6 Commodore 5 Speed AUTO 3.6L
ABS, with primer, undercoat, paint and in some cases, clear-over-base (COB). That's why repairing cracks is not so straightforward.

Big cracks are best left to trade-qualified, very experienced repairers. There is a powdered plastic (also used to 'patch up' leaky windscreen wiper reservoirs) that is prepared and used to in-fill, then fine-sanded over, primed and painted — I had this done on the previous car (VZ wagon, rear right side bumper) and it was seriously flawless, albeit seriously expensive ($430 in 2011). Cracks left unrepaired will craze over time, a bit like cracked windscreens.
ill send a picture here soon

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
ABS? Well. There it is. And here’s me thinking they were made from old recycled dildos.