Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What kind of tires you guys running on your VE's?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

CALAIS08V8

Scott
Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V V8 60th
+ 1 for RE050's , ill get 50000kms out of mine at least, on a heavy Calais, i dont ''baby'' them either. Rotate them every 10000kms, and run them at 38psi front and back.
I wish Synpower 5W 30W was readily available here, im using Synpower 5W 40W at the moment and quite happy with it!

nOisia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 sv6
+1 on the noisy Yoko's

mine produce huge noise

1HDT 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 TT M6
Have used Michelin Pilot Sports Cups, lasted only a couple of months, now using Michelin Pilot Super Sports 265/35/19 305/30/19. Super Sports aren't as grippy as the Sports Cup but will last 10,000ks I reckon. I have 540 rwhp. Buy them from tire rack in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now: '10 Equinox 3.0L AWD Soon: Cadillac ATS 3.6L
Sport Cups are track tires so I wouldn't picture them lasting long. And the Pilot SS' do come with a 30,000 mile guarantee.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
i run the standard re050's atm[as its brand new], but when i need new ones i'm going to try some nitto invo or neogen. have no complaints with brdgestone i've had them on all cars i have owned and love them to bits, but time to try something different.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Kuhmo KU31 SPT - best performing budget tyre - 255/40r19 has a load rating of 100 and a speed rating of Y.
Try matching the specs, reviews, mileage and value for money instead of eurocentric Brand names of yesteryear and prejudiced assumptions based on location of manufacturing plant.
Original Bridgestones lasted 45,000 but Kuhmo SPT have outlasted and proved the better buy at 1/4 price.
Việt Nam tiếp nhận Michelin khi các Frenchies chạy đi! Vivé Viêt!!

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
I'm still running the bridgestone re050 from factory but now that they've got 30 thou on em they're lousy in the wet. Dry grip is still great but I'll be swapping them for something that's more consistent over the wear of the tyre. Might try some Maxxis Victra z4's since they worked a treat on my calais.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A in size 245 35 20 which is what I wanted on the car when bought new.

The price of these tyres and the Bridgestone Adrenalin models in 20 inch sizes are now quite ridiculous especially compared with the prices being paid in other countries for the exact same imports in the same sizes. But then when you buy a quality B/Stone performance tyre you do not have balance issues or out of round issues or other manufacturing defects like heavy spots that creep past quality control with lesser tyres. Furthermore there are other desirable performance tyres around but not available in OZ in the 245 35 20 size needed for the Commy on 20 inch wheels.
It's the tyres that ultimately keep your car glued to the road in wet and dry so you should never ever go cheap on tyres. Far too many people are now spending a couple of thousand or so on wheels and then fitting cheap rubbish tyres. The "Dumb and Dumber" wheel and tyre package. Hey look at my cool 20 or 22 inch wheels with plastic tyres from the Hung Yu Manufacturing Corp.