Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What kind of tires you guys running on your VE's?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nobody runs Pirelli ? I've just had a few P7 cinturato's put on the back while the old Bridgestones on the front keep going. The Pirelli's ride very different to the Bridgestone Turanzas. They feel a lot softer and stickier, but not sure how long they will last...? I would have put Bridgestones on again but they were too $$$ and wasn't impressed with the outer edges wearing faster then the centre even though running them at or above placard pressure.

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now: '10 Equinox 3.0L AWD Soon: Cadillac ATS 3.6L
Pirellis always seemed too stiff for me. The P6's are. The P Zeros are good, not great.

A lot of people here liking the OEM Potenza. Looking at the choices you guys have I can see why. Try out the new Potenza S-04 Pole Position as well. A good new alternative to the RE050A.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Inb4 452's

Ive had Falken ZE 912's on for about 5000 km.

No issues at all. 225 a corner.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
In America they are considered a "value" oriented tire. Good quality for a good price. I put them in the same field as their Sumitomo brethren along with Falken.

Pirelli, Bridgestone, Michelin, Continental and Goodyear are top tier tires. I personally only buy Michelins, they are the best tires Ive owned and worth their high prices (never exceeding $300/tire, we Americans are spoiled). Im looking ag different options for my future SS likely to rock the 245/40/19 size of the current VE.

Then you have your crap, Hankooks and Kuhmos are just terrible. Anything Chinese is unbearable.

I was under the impression that some of the top tier tyres you mention are made in Chinese factories to the required specs.

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Quality standards are higher for outside companies operating in China than for actual Chinese companies. I'm glad all our tires are either made in America or Canada for Michelin.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I'm glad all our tires are either made in America or Canada for Michelin.

What, as opposed to Asia? Surprising comment coming from a yank, given the role of Michelin and the Japanese "Co Prosperity Sphere" leading up to and during World War II, more particularly the fight for Binh Duong Province plantations - the Vietnam War.
Google it, look it up on Wikipedia or ask a Vietnam vet about Michelin's moral allegiance before you hang your hat on that brand as proudly supporting your values and the North American work ethic.
Talk to the families of ex BF Goodrich workers devastated when the Michelin Vichy took over the all-American plants "arbeit macht frei".
Think globally about the effect of empowering brand hero support for this anachronistic old world industrial aristocracy - disgusting, arrogant asshole French multinationals - and the price *we* (entire world) had to pay for reparations as result of our (the West's) blind support and fighting for their capital interests in the name of "free enterprise, viva la liberté" - what crap.
Objectively I had hoped yanks were supporting Kuhmo, the South Korean company which now operates from revived Michelin holdings in Vietnam.
Subjectively the Michelin tyre product is good, too much blood and guts lost in my family for me to consider.

FWIW I run Kuhmos because they are the best buy for a VE, and ROTFL at elitist tyre-talking, NIKE-wearing Americans... puppets and mercenaries to corporate opinion... Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Opinions are like arseholes everybody has one:p

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cool story bro, call me when Kuhmo puts out a decent tire that doesn't sound like a dying polar bear when your driving over 40MPH.

Till then, I'll post this from my iPad made by Foxconn slaves, while wearing my sweatshop made Nikes, living in a home built by illegal Nicaraguan immigrants. I don't give a rats ass.

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Btw, I don't like the French, I just like their tires.