Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What kind of tires you guys running on your VE's?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Cool story bro, call me when Kuhmo puts out a decent tire that doesn't sound like a dying polar bear when your driving over 40MPH.
Haha, too true they howl on front when mostly worn 20-50kph. But you can swap three or four times - 150-200km for price of euro hero super shoes!

Till then, I'll post this from my iPad made by Foxconn slaves, while wearing my sweatshop made Nikes, living in a home built by illegal Nicaraguan immigrants. I don't give a rats ass.

I'm glad it gives some food for thought, OFC I didn't think for one minute you would give a rats sir, but I hope one day soon as a yank tyre dealer you challenge your current thinking about retail support of assholes - the tyre story runs deeper than corporate rebates, margin: see also Congo, Malaysia, Brazil and Amazonian colonisation and deforestation. Yep, don't give a rats!

For 150 years the tyre industry has been about about spin and (world) grip, and you sir are representative of the American retail paradigm losing traction in the face of increasingly global competition.

BTW I don't hate the French, am an Australian negociant for Burgundy and love the place. Corporate assholes are ubiquitous.

Last edited:

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Haha, too true they howl on front when mostly worn 20-50kph. But you can swap three or four times - 150-200km for price of euro hero super shoes!

I'm glad it gives some food for thought, OFC I didn't think for one minute you would give a rats sir, but I hope one day soon as a yank tyre dealer you challenge your current thinking about retail support of assholes - the tyre story runs deeper than corporate rebates, margin: see also Congo, Malaysia, Brazil and Amazonian colonisation and deforestation. Yep, don't give a rats!

For 150 years the tyre industry has been about about spin and (world) grip, and you sir are representative of the American retail paradigm losing traction in the face of increasingly global competition.

BTW I don't hate the French, am an Australian negociant for Burgundy and love the place. Corporate assholes are ubiquitous.

You sir, are taking life way too seriously.

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now: '10 Equinox 3.0L AWD Soon: Cadillac ATS 3.6L
I just sell tires to pay for college :surprise: and I sell what will make the customer, as well as my college and wallet happier.

They may have a bad history, but the Michelins on my dads car have 70,000 miles and more than half tread left on them. Everyone in lesser developed countries is completely f***ed by our spending habits. Might as well get the best product we can.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Nexen N7000.

Why? My friend owns a Tyrepower store and he said they were TOP QUALITY/QUIET WITH EXCELLENT GRIP STEERING RESPONSE.

I will see how they go. I don't do many km's anyway. The car is 1.5 years old and has done 3900km's.
I have the Tyres on SV Black rims, 245's front 275's rear.

Made in Korea I believe. Perhaps may be perceived as cheap & nasty. But so was Hyundai, and quiet frankly for the money i don't mind a Hyundai.

Even the American guy is branching out, he is buying an Australian designed & Built Car.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Technically the L98 and aluminium L76 / L77 is an Australian design specification, owned by GM Holden according to our Government subsidy criteria, with parts manufactured around the world.
Main thing about the VE / VF models is that Australia completely owns Zeta development, carries the standard for rear wheel drive development for GM, a truly global company.
Some Aussies like to think the VE is American and put embarrassing badges on (possibly because where they live that is exotic and *sophisticated*), but to all but them it is a rolling joke.

Last edited:

The Yeti

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8
So GM just gave Holden the go with that L98, L76/L77 with no feed back or oversight? Are these blocks not just variants of GM developed motors from other parts of the world not known as Australia?

Not trying to rock the boat, because I am proud to own my VE based car, adding to the convo.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So GM just gave Holden the go with that L98, L76/L77 with no feed back or oversight? Are these blocks not just variants of GM developed motors from other parts of the world not known as Australia?

I am not privvy to the detail of the backdoor dealings re GM(US) licencing certain IP to GMH to create an Australian product eligible for *hundreds of millions* in Commonwealth of Australia funding mate, but a good brief on the spin we have been fed locally on our true blue VE design specification and build watch our 'birds and bees' story of how our "Billion Dollar Baby" was born http://youtu.be/3QMens_TG-k
Yes Zeta is an all Australian platform, hence all its variants are also Aussie, admittedly about as much as the iPhone is Californian.
We (Aussies fiercely proud of patriotic association with GMH) own certain exclusive rights to use and abuse the locally specified L98, L76 (aluminium) & L77 specification. And yes, parts and fabrication of many items on our Zeta are sourced through GM (US), but we make stuff here if we can.

Ss Phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss commodore
I have kumho19 and as quiet as any other tyre, good wet weather grip, can't fault them. Running 275/35R19 on the rears. I am running a ss manual with full exhaust, otr intake and dyno tune and the kumhos are doing ok. I won't use them again as I want more rim protection. Has anyone removed their genuine wheels to see where they are made lol mine were made in Korea . I brought the ss new so they were genuine wheels. Cheers

Last edited: