Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what kind of vp is this?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
All VP SS's and all the VP Clubsports should have IRS

"The VP was always going to be a face-lifted VN, however there were considerable and detailed improvements made over the latter model. Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) was introduced, fitted as standard equipment on the Calais and Commodore SS and optional across the range"

And from Wiki

"Semi-trailing arm IRS became standard on high-end luxury and performance models, those being the Calais and SS specification levels, and became an optional extra on lower-end models. In lieu of the live rear axle, drastically improving ride and handling."

Also it wouldn't have the SS badge in the dash if it's a clubsport, I really dont know what it is but if it's a copy of something it's been very well and tastefully done :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I wonder what model it is i'm thinking of then. I know that one of the models has IRS optional for series 1, and went to standard on series 2, maybe berlina's?

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
this is the only other picture i could get until wednesday, and i just checked the advertisement on the autotrader again, and they called it an "ex pursuit ss/clubsport" all will be revealed on wednesday

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I have to say that whether or not its genuine ss/cubby or whatever, still its a damn nice car from what I can see in that pic.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
No one noticed the HSV bonnet emblem is a VR/VS HSV badge...

Yeah i did read above ur post dude lol

ah fully the 185kw injection badge on the rear is off a VS / VR clubby the VP clubbys didnt pump out 185kw did they??
The VN/VP hsv's were 180 not 185

The bodykit is VP HSV, they don't have spotties (the senator has a different bar, i think the same as the stato one, with the 'squarer' spotties. Theres not spotties so its not an SS.

Not sure if clubbys had IRS either, as being based on exec, they didn't even get climate control.

Can you get some interior pics maybe? Focusing on the steering wheel, left hand side of dash, 'rear' seats, and the interior as a whole, and the Dash cluster.

The Front badge is updated, VP ones have a red ring, not silver. The rear badges look fine, save for the 185i badge which is clearly from a VR/S clubby

Actually the vp clubbys do have spotties... the senators dont though.
Pretty sure the clubbys do have IRS
Interior pics would prove a lot more, the vp clubbys should have original leather momo steering wheel.
And yeah the rear badges are fine cept the 185 one.

Thats funny how its advertised as ex-pursuit/ss/clubsport... obviously they have no idea what it is too.
Why not advertise any car as a VP exec/berlina/calais/statesman...... could improve sales a bit dont ya think?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
i just checked the advertisement on the autotrader again, and they called it an "ex pursuit ss/clubsport" all will be revealed on wednesday

That covers all bases:p. - With them saying that in the add - it's a good chance that it's not any of them - just a dressed up smart lookin car.

I would be a tad agro if it's a BT1.

Good luck for wednesday:thumbsup:

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Badges are wrong - VP Clubby only came out as 180kw and the VP Clubby 5000i 200kw. Also should have the spotties since all the VP clubbys ive seen have them and also the front grille is wrong. Its a bitza, bits of everything. Would be surprised if this was a genuine HSV.

All in all, its still a nice V8 mate :D

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
yea true, its a v8 and thats what i wanted, it does have a momo steering wheel though.....man i cant wait till wednesday!

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah i would be the same as you, i couldnt friggin wait til i picked up my clubby, after i had put deposit on it i couldnt WAIT.
But she sure looks nice anyways, good luck with it.
Im guessing shes an auto from the window sticker? VR clubby wheels etc... and white the best color of all time!
Good luck with it