Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Kms to a tank of Juice

C

crewiess

Just filled up the tank in the Crewman and managed to get about 310 km and she took just over 60 litres. This was all round town driving. Probably the dealer did not fill the tank right up. But does the engine freeing up improve the economy? What is anyone getting out of the V6 Crewie?

D

Dinga

crewiess said:
Just filled up the tank in the Crewman and managed to get about 310 km and she took just over 60 litres. This was all round town driving. Probably the dealer did not fill the tank right up. But does the engine freeing up improve the economy? What is anyone getting out of the V6 Crewie?
Mate Im getting 425kms to a tank in a V6 VY 1 tonner with aload on and ladders on the roof etc etc Thats right to to 5 kms to go.....on the trip meter

dansv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I get 400k's round town and up to 850 on a long highway trip in my SV6 on pulp

D

Dinga

crewiess said:
Bloody hell mate 310 are you flogging the thing? with the price of gas I wonder if we have made a mistake.....

C

crewiess

Hey Dinga - I am thinking I am a goose with petrol hitting $1.39 litre and heading further north according to the financial gurus.

But hey what price for drivin a beast you like drivin? There was a bit of showing off going on which involved lots of stop start stuff. Also tank 2 is lookin better.

I reckon it is about $10-$20 per week max over the 175 crewie and I am having a lot more fun. I spend that on rubbish and booze (not while driving) anyway.

You wont believe but I have an AU2 XR6 which is a great steer - it is chuckable just like a go-kart - but I wished I had waited for the turbo version or got the XR8. Cant help myself -bad habits - powerful cars. Never had a slowie - at least not for more than 5 minutes

C

crewiess

Dinga - also meant to say was just in running in mode and not giving it to much - only up to about 2700 rpm!!!! Nearly got 500km now so will up it a bit more. Doin lots of hill load in 5th and accelerating

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
my car has recently ticked over 20,000 km's and the last few tanks of fuel seem to be going alot better, i have been regularly dipping the trip meter into the mid to high 8l/100 .... im driving to the same place and driving the same way .... im not sure why but it is noticably better ...... im not going to complain with the price of fuel these days
;)

L

leenath

My SV8 is getting about 550km per tank with about 70% highway driving / 30% city driving. I reckon I'd get over 700km on a tank if I was just doing highway driving and probably only get 400-450km on a tank for city driving.