Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What later Commodore tanks fit into a VL sedan? VN-VS?

VECom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Hi,

I need to replace my fuel tank and was wondering what later model Commodore fuel tanks will fit in fairly easily.,

I've done some googling and it look like VN - VS tanks might fit. Is this correct do they just bolt in?

No prob if some mods to fuel lines or fittings are needed as long as no need to chop holes in boot floor.

I noticed the later tanks have sperate fuel filler pipes. What model filler pipe would best suits to connect up to later tank?

Thanks for the help,

Greg

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have a vn long range tank in my VH so yes they do fit. The only problem is the pipe that comes out the top of the tank that releases air and allows the tank to fill is larger. I cut a hole in the rail to allow it to fit. You could possibly weld the original pipe fitting from the old tank. Note I do have an injected motor in my VH

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Hi,
I need to replace my fuel tank and was wondering what later model Commodore fuel tanks will fit in fairly easily.,
I've done some googling and it look like VN - VS tanks might fit. Is this correct do they just bolt in?
No prob if some mods to fuel lines or fittings are needed as long as no need to chop holes in boot floor.
I noticed the later tanks have sperate fuel filler pipes. What model filler pipe would best suits to connect up to later tank?
Thanks for the help,
Greg
Read the post link below, will help clear up a few things to know.

VECom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Thanks for the feedback.

I found a VS fuel tank for sale that was quiet cheap and so I decided to try it. I was very surprised that with the VS straps it bolted straight in.

The only things were the 16mm breathe pipe is bigger, so tight fit getting the pipe through the hole in the rail, as Keith mentioned.

And I had to chop about 40mm of the filler neck. I assume because the VS is a slightly wider car.

So all sorted thanks.

Reactions: Lex