Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What length do i need - CRS TB

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
In the process of relocating the TB on my intercooled CRS style setup and was wondering if anyone knew what length throttle cable i need and also what vehicle runs that particular cable so as i can order it off the shelf. On the CRS relocated TB does the cable come in from the front? Does anyone have a good photo of this particular setup i can have a look at?

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
hey mate i'm keen to see how you go with this - how are you actually planning to get the mount pre-charger?

I was going to do this change but i never got around to it lol! I have a vp, and got a looonnng throttle cable from a vn group A - i imagine this cable will also suit VS?

was about 40 bux new from holden i think!

Luke,

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
i actually got a flange made up to suit my spare tb and had the crs intake modified to nmount it . will get some pictures of it if you are interested and post em up.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
how did you modify the crs intake mate?

pics would be ace!
how much did it cost?

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
I had the end of the standard crs intake cut off and the flange welded on to it ($30) and the tb just bolts on there. The flange was made by my brother who is pretty handy at that sort of stuff. A picture or two would make it all very clear but im not in a position to take any at the moment, will do so this weekend.....im also hoping to extend the wires for the tps and iac and get it all up and running so fingers crossed. at the moment im running two tbs with the "outside" one wired open. Are you running the smaller pulley at the moment? If so how loud is it, does it idle ok and what sort of power are you making?

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Just a quick message to say that i havnt forgotten about getting some photos and **** i just got held up with having a flange made.........hopefully some time soon.

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
maybe if u dont have a flange made up
go to the wreckers and grab a vn elbow.
then grind the flange off and u have a flange
u just need someone to weld it.

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Good news, the flange was finished yesterday (had my brother build it for me) so as soon as i sort out my crank anglesensor problem or whatever im full steam ahead. Tried to run run the "front" throttle body with my current setup (very similar to IBLOWNs) but the silicon 90 degree bend was just sucking closed under vaccum and killing the motor. Anyways with the second flange i can get the new bit of pipe welded up and ill be under way

P

pedro1

have just finished fitting a SC14 blower to a ecotec motor,made a solid manifold between the blower and motor using 3" exhaust pipe and exaust donut, and placed the TB before the blower, i cut and rewelded throttle linkage and made a new cable mount, apart from that it runs well, although it appears i am only getting 2psi boost. might have to give the air cleaner a birthday. the motor is in a 4wd offroader and it definetly has more power, yet to test drive in anger, this weekend.