Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what mod next????

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
hi all
so i have a bit of money saved up and im wanting to know which mod would be best to do next?
i have vs ecotec with the getrag 5 speed, its lowered, new shocks all round, cai k&n, 2.5 exhaust, and mace insulators.
should i get a short shifter for the gearbox?---extractors?---or save up a bit more and get high ratio rockers?
i really cant decide and any input from people with these any of these mods would be great!

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
extractors,STRUT BRACE TO TIGHTEN UP THE FRONT END,VT BRAKE UP GRADE NOLATHAIN BUSHES THE LIST GOES ON LOL HOW MUCH $$$ YOU GOT TO PUMP INTO HER? TURBO? SUPERCHARGER>? ALL ABOUT THE DOLLERS BUT WHATS AT THE BEGGINING ABOVE IS SOME LOWER COST IDEAS FOR YOU THEN WHEN YOUR READY TO GO MAD ON THE V6 TAKE A READ AT SICKSIX WESITE HERE >>> http://www.sicsix.com/
hi all
so i have a bit of money saved up and im wanting to know which mod would be best to do next?
i have vs ecotec with the getrag 5 speed, its lowered, new shocks all round, cai k&n, 2.5 exhaust, and mace insulators.
should i get a short shifter for the gearbox?---extractors?---or save up a bit more and get high ratio rockers?
i really cant decide and any input from people with these any of these mods would be great!

I HAD PACCIES ON MY OLD VS UTE...NICE NOTE HAPPY 2011

Last edited:

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
yea iv got just under a grand,
do extracters really make that much differance? i want to spend the $ on something that will really make a differance.
what about those billet shifters for the getrag??? are they worth it
i have 25mm manifold and 12mm plenum insulaters, will a strut brace still fit???
cheers

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
go a cam if it's not to much hassle, cost wont be much different to rockers but performance will be more.

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
ok so it sounds like a cam would be more what im after, how much do these go for?
will i have to do anything else to it (chip, injectors, fuel pump??) or can you just wack a cam i and drive away???
im still interested in the billet shifter, anyone got one? do they shift nice??

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
ok so it sounds like a cam would be more what im after, how much do these go for?
will i have to do anything else to it (chip, injectors, fuel pump??) or can you just wack a cam i and drive away???
im still interested in the billet shifter, anyone got one? do they shift nice??

A cam seems pretty simple to install as long as you know how to get the timing right.

You might need new lifters and springs and more than likely replace the timing chain at the same time as it will be under a little more strain.

Cant see it all costing any more than $1000 if you do all the work your self.

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
ok kool thanx ill look into it a bit more, probly go and see my mechanic when work starts back.