Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what model to buy

jacommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
soon-vy or vt v6
cheers, il hav a look at em

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
Series 2 VT commenced 06/99. Many parts revisions for the series 2, whih you will find when you call up holden asking for parts. Go for at least the series 2, because the series 1 tail lights look **** :p

Rear camber problems were prominent in SOME models from VT to VX series 2, where the camber problem was fixed for every car. Not every VT/VX Series 1 had it, some had/have it worse than others, so it is something to look at when you go for an inspection.

As for which model you want to go for, well it completely depends on what you want.
Sports driving, get a manual, get an S Pac.
Luxury, get a Berlina, or a Calais if you are picky and want those few subtle extras and are willing to pay the premium for the badge, by that i mean Calais are generally a fair bit more expensive than Berlinas with not much more features than the Berlina.
So which model you buy depends on what you want and how you are gunna use your commodore.

whatever3690

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equip
Those guys above saying they got such and such a car for a cheap price are from the eastern states. Generally cars tend to be a bit more expensive around here.

I live in rural VIC (Albury/Wodonga) with a population of 120,000 people. I think expecting to get a VT for under 5,000 is very possible.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
just buy the trading post mate... i paid $5300 for my VT executive series 2... had 154 on the clock.... excellent condition. just look around and you will find the perfect car