Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what model to buy

jacommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
soon-vy or vt v6
hey fellas, im new to the holden scene
im on my P's and in the market for buying a VT but unsure what model specs and series are better than others. i live in SA by the way

iv been looking at 1999 standard VT acclaim with only 116,000km on it for $6000 with service history.
is this a good price, or would i be better off getting a series 2 or sumthin.

Last edited:

jacommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
soon-vy or vt v6
bump

are series 2 any better than series 1

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
bump

are series 2 any better than series 1

hey, dont know much about VT's, but anyways,

its much better spending that bit more and getting the series two,
most problems with the series one are usually solved or fixed in the series 2 and series two are usually better quality.

jacommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
soon-vy or vt v6
cheers, what year did the series 2 begin, and was it only the series 2 made after that date or did the series 1 overlap. (if that makes sense)

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
series 2 im pretty sure were from '99, and yes, its MUCH better getting a series two... the most annoying problem i reckon with the series 1 VTs was that the light globes would go out very frequently... and a few other problems were fixed in the series two... plus. the series two looks nicer with the clear indicators all around

And i would go as high up the range as possible (e.g. the highest spec for ur price range)

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
apparentlly series 1 had camber issues with the rear treads, search the forums.

jacommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
soon-vy or vt v6
thanx for your input fellas, iv only got bout 6 grand or sumthin to spend and dont really want to buy 1 over 180,000km so il hav a look around.

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
borrow a few more grand and get a L67, phew this things roar just in stock form, cant wait to get a smaller pulley anda Zorst.... on mine!

whatever3690

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equip
i picked up my 02 VX equip with full electrics and 165,000 on the clock for $7000 with 12 months rego under my name... i think the way the car market is going at the moment you would be crazy to spend that much on a 1999 VT regardless of it having less kms.
If it has been driven around in a city those ks are nothing spectacular but if its from a rural town then its good... Mine was owned by a lady living out of town somewhere so all my kms are highway kms.
All in all, if its a stock VT i wouldnt wanna be paying more than $4500 - $5000
Check out RedBook it will help you out and give you a pretty good guide.

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
i payed $7800 for a 00 VX berlina supercharged with less k's than that vt you are talking about, and this thing is pretty much immaculate apart from a few stonechips. best thing is, it was owned by a older couple.