Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What needs to be done to put VE wheels on a vs??

seanns

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
hey guys.
i was just wondering if you could help me out what needs to be done to put VE rims on a vs?
i know teh center had to be machioned out.
but i her some peoiple used spacers or somehtign along that line?
also what wheel nuts did you use?
becasue the nut from pre VE are 12mm and the VE ones are 14mm?
be much appreicated if you could help me out
thankss.

Marcho

Marcho"s R.I.D.E
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Accliam S2
Hey mate
I have 18inch VE Caprice rims on my vr. I had to put 5mm spacers in the front to clear the strut towers so I put them on the back as well. You also need to buy wheel nuts that have a longer thread on them, the type that cone into the end to fit on your studs. If I can get a picture tonight I will post it to show you what I mean.

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
Hey mate
I have 18inch VE Caprice rims on my vr. I had to put 5mm spacers in the front to clear the strut towers so I put them on the back as well. You also need to buy wheel nuts that have a longer thread on them, the type that cone into the end to fit on your studs. If I can get a picture tonight I will post it to show you what I mean.

can you post this picture please. Aswell as a bit more information about the wheel nuts. Thanks

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
ur correct mate. The studs 14mm on the VE, 12mm on pre VE models, i don't know how they correct it but that needs attention. also, centres need to be machined out as the hubs are smaller on the VE than on anything before, so the wheel will sit out and not flush with the hub. (Cheers Reaper ;))
Longer nuts would only be used because the wheel won't sit flush with the hub, and/or because as Marcho said, spacers are required. don't know exactly how it works, but most good wheel places should be able to modify them for ya.
it is highly recommended that they be machined to fit. i can just see a wheel coming off at 110 down the highway cos the threads arent long enough and it's not seated on the hub properly lmao.
cheers
CC

west-side

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs statesman
marcho, could you please post a picture of ur car if possible. i was curious as to what them wheels would look like on an older car such as a vs statesman. ur car would give me a rough idea.
cheers