Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What needs to be done to put VT twin pistons on a VS??

Psmithavsupplies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 3.8ltr exec A/T
VS - VT Master Cylinder Conversion
Could some one please clarify for me with 100% certainty (ive been reading threads for hours)

Dose the VT Master Cylinder bolt strait on to the VS booster? or does the push rod have to be modified?

Does the VS brake line require brass adapters for the M.C.?

Do I put the VS resivior back on to the VT MC to keep fluid level? (should I purchase a seal kit before attempting)

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone made a "Step by step" and or "parts list" for the Master cylinder conversion specifically for VS - VT??
(is anyone prepared to??)

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
VT master cylinder will bolt straight up to a VS booster, no pipe adaptors needed, you can either use the VS one or leave the VT one on(I have not bothered to put the VS one on mine)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
VT brake swap is old and outdated. VE swap is a lot less complicated and easier by far.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
VT master cylinder will bolt straight up to a VS booster,

NO it wont.

The pushrod on the VS booster is longer than VT so the master needs to spaced away from the booster or the piston will be compressed. Do not pull out the booster pushrod as you risk the reaction disc falling off.

The VS is booster is not powerful enough to cope with the increase in bore size of the VT master.

The VS reservoir will fit the VT master but the hole in the metal tab needs drilling and tapping in a different position.

Go VE and save all the stuffing around. You will get a better pedal feel and increased stopping power.

Props for not starting yet another VS to VT brake conversion thread!

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
VS - VT Master Cylinder Conversion
Could some one please clarify for me with 100% certainty (ive been reading threads for hours)

Dose the VT Master Cylinder bolt strait on to the VS booster? or does the push rod have to be modified?

Does the VS brake line require brass adapters for the M.C.?

Do I put the VS resivior back on to the VT MC to keep fluid level? (should I purchase a seal kit before attempting)

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone made a "Step by step" and or "parts list" for the Master cylinder conversion specifically for VS - VT??
(is anyone prepared to??)

List
pre vs booster bracket cut and bent on ends and piece of flat 2 mm steel welded to it to suit the bolt pattern and centre hole of vt booster fitted to;
Vt booster with hole in pushrod hole welded up and redrilled nearly a full hole forward to get the right pedal height
vt cylinder with vs reservoir bolted to it...seal kit not really needed.

boosterbracket.jpg

booster4.jpg

vtboosterbracket-4.jpg

booster6.jpg

bracket.jpg

booster9.jpg

smsideview.jpg

Last edited: