Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What needs to be done to put VT twin pistons on a VS??

seanns

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim
Help please?!
what needs to be done to put VT twin pistons on the fornt of my VS?
becasue ive herd that you need to buy an adaptor of some sort, or somethign along those lines?
so if some could please help and advise me what needs to be odne would be greatly appriacted.
Thankss.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you need to do the " VT brake upgrade " which includes larger discs. Search for that and you will find loads of info.

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
Ok... from what i understand...

FYI: The VS hubs are the same stud pattern, but hub size is smaller than the VT one.

Step 1.
You need at least 17" rims (maybe 16"??) or the calipers won't fit inside the rim.
Step 2.
- You can buy stock VT brake disks and user spacer shims on your VS hubs to bring them up to the VT hub size. (Which is a bit Dodgey)
- Or special "upgrade disks" that mount onto VS Hubs.
(Code: DBA040BSL for Front Left & DBA040BSR for Front Right)
- I have also heard of swapping over the whole VS Hubs to VT ones. so the Stock VT disks fit. (DBA040SR and DBA040SL) but im not sure of this????
Step 3.
The VT calipers will swap directly with the VS ones. but you will need different flex hoses that go to the callipers, as the VT inlets to the callipers are in a different position.

Step 4.
after reconnecting all the lines, bleed the system.

Note: This will surfice, but... your pedal feel will suffer, as the pistons in the callipers now require more fluid, and hence, your pedal will push further to the floor, feeling more "soft" or "spongey" ...

To Rectify:

Step 5.
- Upgrade your brake master cylinder to a 1" or a stock VT one. This will reduce the travel in your pedal. (I think you have to change the booster as well?)
- This step will require you to make a new bracket or drill a new bolt hole on the master cylinder arm (or something?) so it mates up with your VS pedal box. a simple mod you can do yourself...

Step 6.
after reconnecting all the lines, bleed the system.

Big Note:
*** Modifying brakes may require an engineers certificate to maintain a RWC. As well as for insurance purposes, please consult a qualified engineer before performing any modifications to your brakes. ***

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
since he has a VS, the VT master cylinder will bolt straight up. no need for a VT booster unless he really wants it. VS might need brake lines bent a bit. apart from that, its an easy upgrade.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
*note no 1 inch master available for the vs they are different to the vn/r booster master setups. They are 7/8. So if you are unhappy with the pedal you can do some small mods(i think) to fit the vt master to the vs booster or you can do a whole booster master swap to the vt one, which i can reccomend.

But basically all as above

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
i found on ebay some people are selling the vt booster and bmc for like $650 but then there is some guys selling them for $75 why such a big price difference?

what are the mods you need to do to fit the vt boost and bmc to a vr ute

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Id say the 75 dollar special is sold as it was taken off the car but the 650 is probably new and has been modified to suit a older commodore as in this site if you look under mods Project VN AERO but you dont need hose adapters .