Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what next to get S.A rego

skull

Reaction score
Members Ride
LE MONARO & HQ COUPE & VU UTE
I live in S.A and I just bought a car in Melbourne and drove it back home under a day permit as it was unreged and did not have number plates. Now that I am back in S.A how do I go about getting it registered. Will I have to have inspections at Regency Park? or can the cops check it out?
Thanks

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
im pritty sure it gos though regency, mine came from nsw b4 i got it and the dude said it was checkd by regancy

if u have window tint on the 2 front windows (driver/passenger) most likely they will ripp it off, i dont know y this is done but its comen, mines still missn the tint

if u have tint and want 2 save it best try and get ur hands on some 2nd hand windows and put em in, then replace ur tint 1s bak in after its inspectd
or
just let the tint get rippd off and get it replaced but this could look differante eg colour and if its faded

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Yeah I'm sure it will need to go to Regency to have the numbers on it verified...

Check everything to make sure its roadworthy,

ie. seatbelts, lights, tyres, oil leaks...

If you got a car thats been done up... your best bet is to fit stockies and get it back to stock condition....before you take it down there....they can be overzealous in their work...and can find defects you never thought you had.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
I was looking at buying a few cars from interstate a little while ago, (Now wishing i had bought the HSV wagon), the cars need to go to have an identity check done. From what the girl at the registrar told me, no vehicle inspection for roadworthy required, if it all adds up right, ie, number matching, then you can register it, but this isnt done through regency, i threw the piece of paper away with the datails, but it isnt through regency park, im sure of it

Good luck

skull

Reaction score
Members Ride
LE MONARO & HQ COUPE & VU UTE
You are right. Just been in touch with transport sa and all that happens is they check all the numbers etc for vehicle I.D. It is not a roadworthy check at all but if they see something that is very unsafe they will refer you to Regency. Thanks for your help.