Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
That advert seems reasonable considering its historical value, and that it was attached to something that may have been manufactured in Australia.

Using that as a bench mark, I have a Holden HJ series owners manual, in almost as new condition, 104 pages of complex technical information on how to operate this famous vintage vehicle, and I think it should be worth at least $350,000.00. (The vehicle does not come attached to the manual.)

This is only available through this forum for a limited period. Serious offers only, don’t waste my, and your time, telling me it is worthless.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I was having a cynical old fart/millennial cross-moment.
Old fart because I chucked all my cassettes when I sold my VN or VT ?
A millennial moment because they would not recognise or understand a cassette.

Who else here has very valuable, rare, prehistoric junk that is priceless. (slow day for old farts)

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
I have a collection of cassettes of rare bootleg pressings of unreleased Bob Dylan from Germany that I would love to still be able to listen to. :-(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought WTF when I checked the link from VS-Lover, but wait there's more a cassette deck for $500 :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I could have had one from a VS bench wagon for 10 bucks not all that long ago. But I just wanted the bracket as it's bench seat specific, sedan brackets don't really work in bench dash unfortunately. Think I paid $5 for the bracket and the bracket would be worth 50x what a cassette deck is worth. Some things in this world will never increase in value, just ask all those who kept their Polaroid cameras, thinking if it becomes old enough surely it will have value....

Be good to list one at 99c on free sellers Sunday, then send him the link...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Be worth more if they came with the naughty pics of the day ;)

Yeah but back then most of the naughty pics would have been of "Black Beard"... ;);)