Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have been buying quite a few parts for the Vh just lately. Two examples, I could buy six new corners for the chrome window rubber for about $15 or buy four second hand from 4 blok at a reduced price of $114. I can buy two rubber gaskets for the tail lights for $43.50 or buy one from 4 blok for $60 complete with scratches. No mention of the parts being gold plated. Wouldn't you be pissed off if you bought their parts and then found it so much cheaper to buy new.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have been buying quite a few parts for the Vh just lately. Two examples, I could buy six new corners for the chrome window rubber for about $15 or buy four second hand from 4 blok at a reduced price of $114. I can buy two rubber gaskets for the tail lights for $43.50 or buy one from 4 blok for $60 complete with scratches. No mention of the parts being gold plated. Wouldn't you be pissed off if you bought their parts and then found it so much cheaper to buy new.

Shows you have been shopping round, which is a very smart move :)

By the looks of it, the 4 blok place is trying to cash in on other people's lack of research...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
4 blok is the place to not buy parts. IF he has it you will always find it cheaper else where but he probably greases the wheels that satisfy the logarithm for google/ebay so he pops up early when doing searches.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Agree with the above, every time I’ve looked at 4 blok they have been significantly more expensive

Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Price is over the top, but finding an XD is difficult, let alone a factory V8 one combined with a 4 speed and more difficult a rust free one...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah but it's not a GT, it's a basic GLX. It's not an attractive car by any means. I'd hardly call it collectable.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah but it's not a GT, it's a basic GLX. It's not an attractive car by any means. I'd hardly call it collectable.

You'd be surprised how collectable they really are...Me personally aren't a fan of them but the combo it offers and if it is rust free does make it more desireable, as there weren't many V8 4 speeds and they were prone to rusting out.

The dollars they want for it I agree is over the top

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I had a mate in the 80's who built a mad 351 XD, was on NOS for a while, and hit a wall doing skids at the nats, ahhhhh, good times

They are a tough old school car, people my age look for these things as toys

If the shell is good, and the rest is in good nick, I cannot see getting $30 for it being to far out of the question

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I had a mate in the 80's who built a mad 351 XD, was on NOS for a while, and hit a wall doing skids at the nats, ahhhhh, good times

They are a tough old school car, people my age look for these things as toys

If the shell is good, and the rest is in good nick, I cannot see getting $30 for it being to far out of the question

1628154108260.png

Now this is mad :p