Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The thing is people need old parts, there may a ton of them sitting in garages and sheds, but unless they get advertised somewhere the person needing those parts is limited to choice.

It is either hunt the wreckers, or do a search on the interwebs.

Even old chasers can command serious coin, I'm was looking for 2 for some drag radials, my mate gave me one, but getting another is so far APITA.

These things were laying around like shopping trolleys years ago, I bought a set about 15 years ago, with good rubber for $100.

I blame all the kids putting them on their mang mang cars which ended up crushed at some metal recycling joint after they killed it.

Now, where is that cloud I was shouting at before....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've found one for $20, I have messaged one other bloke who should have one but waiting for a reply and I'm running out of lunch break time.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Paid $20 for one from the private FB seller bloke near work. The other FB sellers were damaged. I felt $10 was a reasonable price but it is what it is.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
1602408781044.png

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Ebay sellers often jack the price up when they have no stock, but don't want to end the listing.

Seen it plenty of times

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The price of used Holdens now ….. o_O
I keep looking at Carsales to see what is available at what price, just for interest, shits and giggles.
Monaros and Cross8s have doubled in asking price this year. Are they selling for these prices, or are sellers dreaming of cashed-up speculators who think prices will increase more.
I just have a bad feeling that sometime next year, the effects of 2020 world-wide will come back to bite us all financially, and those who have spent up big on a whim will come unstuck.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The price of used Holdens now ….. o_O
I keep looking at Carsales to see what is available at what price, just for interest, shits and giggles.
Monaros and Cross8s have doubled in asking price this year. Are they selling for these prices, or are sellers dreaming of cashed-up speculators who think prices will increase more.
I just have a bad feeling that sometime next year, the effects of 2020 world-wide will come back to bite us all financially, and those who have spent up big on a whim will come unstuck.

Some Holdens will work OK for holding or increasing value, the issue is that current owners think that all Holdens are now collectable, hence, stupid asking prices for high km rubbish.

Meh, who am I to talk, I went looking for a old low km, mint LS1 Commodore in March this year, I ended up picking up a 2002 VX SS auto with 115k km on it, car looked like it had never left the garage, let alone seen a day of rain.

I ended up paying around $12k for it, which was ridiculous money, but, there was nothing else around in that condition, so I opened up the wallet and took the hit.

Car now is sitting at 125k km and has seen alot of rain, and skids.....

In the end it is up to the amount of want the buyer has rattling around in their grey matter and how willingly they are to open up their wallet to quench that want.

Reactions: Lex

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

which is why you never overpay, just keep walking.