Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Next ???

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
ok so far i have a cat back exhaust that is bein replaced very soon with a straight through pipe n extractors, chip, supersize throttle body, CAI, K&N air filter and lowered suspension.. Basicly im workin on power mods n want to know Whats next? or am i at the stage where i should be spending big dollars? I want bang for buck

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
You can go one of two ways... either work on getting more power, or work on getting the power you already have to work for you.

Having the 5 speed is a big plus for getting power to the ground, but there are still things you can do. Consider a change of diff ratio to 3.5:1 or 3.7:1, or if you arent afraid of revving the guts out of it to cruise on the highway, then 3.9:1. This will give you better acceleration.

You can also work on making the engine produce more power, the best way being to improve flow. I see you've already gone with significant improvements on the exhaust and intake side of things, so its probably time to get a little more "internal" about it. At this point I would be considering either a cam upgrade (which would negate your performance chip i'm afraid) or a cheaper option (which I would go with personally) is to install high ratio rockers from F.I.T. or Yella Terra. That'll increase valve lift (but not duration like a cam would) and your flow into and out of the head will be greatly improved. This will have most benefit at the top of the rev range. Cost is approximately $800 if you install yourself. (Very easy... even I would do it myself and I'm no expert)

EDIT: please take my comments about the revs with a 3.9:1 diff with a grain of salt as I just realised of course the ratios are different in a manual and you have an extra gear to work with anyway...

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
cheers mate for the advice will definetly look into it. so u really the high ratio rockers are the go..any1 else know any good bang for buk mods?