Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What not to put in the VE

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
SSV8pilot said:
Holden - if your listening - things not to carry forward in the VE.

1- The useless and hypersensitive power seat adjuster - never could get the same seat adjustment once someone tinkered with it. Please a better adjustment system for the seats

2- Better speakers - please ditch the 15w korean paper speakers -we deserve better

3- Fickle glove box stays that hold the glove box open - the small rubbers stays wear pretty soon

4- Can we ditch the single horn - these cars are big enough to warrant twin horns across the range

Im hearin ya SSV8pilot !! :thumbsup:

Especially the better speakers / sound system bit. As well as that, they badly need a head unit with RCA outputs on the back, so you can hook up amps etc to them.
Yeah and i hope they fix the poorly fitting glovebox problems from the VY / VZ!
Also, I hope they come with a wheel brace / jack handle that doesnt bend when you apply any sorta pressure to it!! :b:

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
The boot. Can't get anything into it as it's too small an opening. Then you can't fold half the back seat down. It's a pain.

The stereo is good enough for a standard unit. I like the ease of using the cruise control. Don't like the early Falcon light switch.

Bigger numbers on the dash speedo. The digital dash window option made standard on the VY would be nice to see carried over.

Fix lack of body rigidity.

Electronic stability option would be nice.

Change the key fob. Especially when the girlfriend says, "Geez the key fob on the VZ Calais is like me Mums old VT exec" Upper models need a better feel to the key fob as well. Over all tactile feel is good though.

Door handles on upper models should have a heavier feel as the heavier doors (i.e. electrics) make the handles feel flexible.

Doors that stay open when fully extended even on a slight slope/ in a light breeze.

Lower servicing costs. When a service cost more than a repayment for oil and three filters one starts looking at Audi's and BMW's as they have cost us less to service.

Boot release on the drivers side somewhere, not in the glove box. Took Mum forever to find the thing.

Power window switches ON THE DOOR.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
The power window switches have been in the center console in a Commodore for quite a while, think back to VR/VS, not sure about earlier models, but I think they're the same. I've always prefered it in the middle.

Colour control screen, ala Falcon
Climate control standard
Think everyone else has covered everything else I can think of already

Andy

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Snap said:
The boot. Can't get anything into it as it's too small an opening. Then you can't fold half the back seat down. It's a pain.

The stereo is good enough for a standard unit. I like the ease of using the cruise control. Don't like the early Falcon light switch.

Bigger numbers on the dash speedo. The digital dash window option made standard on the VY would be nice to see carried over.

Fix lack of body rigidity.

Electronic stability option would be nice.

Change the key fob. Especially when the girlfriend says, "Geez the key fob on the VZ Calais is like me Mums old VT exec" Upper models need a better feel to the key fob as well. Over all tactile feel is good though.

Door handles on upper models should have a heavier feel as the heavier doors (i.e. electrics) make the handles feel flexible.

Doors that stay open when fully extended even on a slight slope/ in a light breeze.

Lower servicing costs. When a service cost more than a repayment for oil and three filters one starts looking at Audi's and BMW's as they have cost us less to service.

Boot release on the drivers side somewhere, not in the glove box. Took Mum forever to find the thing.

Power window switches ON THE DOOR.

Here here !! :thumbsup:
I totally agree with you on the ESP, the key fob and the boot release.
...Disagree about the stereo though... ;)

Dont know about you, but my VY SS has nice aluminium-type door handles and they feel great, especially when the aircon is on they get really nice and cold!! (or do you mean the exterior door handles??) :confused:

C

chosen_one

Have the optional binnacle water temp and oil pressure guages angled towards the driver instead of pointing at the rear seat.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Don't put anything mechanical in it if it has been in a daewoo, as a matter of fact don't put anything in it from Korea.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
fourstar82 said:
Colour control screen, ala Falcon
Climate control standard
Andy

ya can't make the base model too good or the higher ones won't sell. you get alot of car for your money with a commodore so ya gotta miss out somewhere.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Well at least design non-tacky air-con controls on the console. Thats my biggest gripe with VY-VZ but its not a major issue.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
fourstar82 said:
Well at least design non-tacky air-con controls on the console. Thats my biggest gripe with VY-VZ but its not a major issue.

yeah ! and the hazzard light switch that goes with them, terrible

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
How about we all go get jobs at Holden and quit our bitching?

haha- Rear cup holders yeah, but its not a huge necessity.

Electric window controls were central in the vl. So that continues that trend. I like them there to be honest. When driving my hand isn't too far from there ..