Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What not to put in the VE

chups

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S
i think a tray inplace of the back doors and boot would be good. :p

but yeah, get rid of the green light dash. as for changing things at the last minute, the monaro was going to have cupholders in the centre console like the standard vx, up until about a month before release, then over night, changed their mind and put in the storage compartment.

so some feedback can work.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
chups said:
i think a tray inplace of the back doors and boot would be good. :p

but yeah, get rid of the green light dash. as for changing things at the last minute, the monaro was going to have cupholders in the centre console like the standard vx, up until about a month before release, then over night, changed their mind and put in the storage compartment.

so some feedback can work.

Yeah, I just hope this feedback gets back to the boys at Holden though!!

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
davey g-force said:
Yeah, I just hope this feedback gets back to the boys at Holden though!!

I'm sure there'd have to be someone employed somewhere in Holden that looks through websites and reads all the magazine articles, takin notes of everyone's opinions on the good and bad. If not, I'll do it in my spare time for them, I read as much of these things as I can anyway! I'd be cheap.....say.....a new car each year.....for the job of course....that way I can also give them feedback on that specific car too.... Surely they can't refuse an offer like mine....

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
D Day

Around 5 to 6 months before the VE is unleashed....I wonder what scope, if any for last minute design changes.

You'd like to think that free feedback such as on this thread would have some hope of making it;s way to those who can make a difference.

Also wonder at what stage production starts on the VE - 5 months, 4 months 1 month before launch?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
OH YEAH...

How bout a Traction Control button that stays on / off (depending on where you left it) when you re-start the car, and a Power button that always resets to "Off" when you re-start the car?? Instead of the other way around Holden??

I hate the traction control and want it to ALWAYS stay off, not come back on every time I start up.

I also like to drive easy whilst the car is warming up, so I'd like the Power button to default back to "off" when I start her up.

IMO Holden have got this totally wrong!! :bang:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
How about this cause I'm the same i like to warm the car before i got anywhere then drive easy for 10 or so min.
I seen it on a BMW it was a light count down till it was around running temp, That is good for people who don't like to drive it hard when it's only just 5-10 of running time.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
SlickHolden said:
How about this cause I'm the same i like to warm the car before i got anywhere then drive easy for 10 or so min.
I seen it on a BMW it was a light count down till it was around running temp, That is good for people who don't like to drive it hard when it's only just 5-10 of running time.

Hmmm yeah, that could work!!

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
This feedback should of started 12months ago, but judging by the interior of the Calais, the VE should be the ducks guts!! hell 19" standard on the SS bloody hell lol..you know what HSV are gonna have to do...TWENTIES!!! jesus christ!

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
ShanghaiVZ said:
judging by the interior of the Calais, the VE should be the ducks guts!! !

scuse my ignorance.....but is ducks guts a good thing or a bad thing?

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
ShanghaiVZ said:
This feedback should of started 12months ago, but judging by the interior of the Calais, the VE should be the ducks guts!! hell 19" standard on the SS bloody hell lol..you know what HSV are gonna have to do...TWENTIES!!! jesus christ!

the tyre companies are gonna be happy, Tyres cost enough as it is. 17s should be standard with 18s or 19s optional. Practicality cannot be ignored for the sake of cosmetics. I'm gonna cop it for this but i still believe it.