Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What oil should I put in my vt

Muhammed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive s2
hi y’all I have a vt on about 265000 and need a oil change just wondering what oil should I put in her brands and thickness thanks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do a search you will get plenty of results.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
We use the Nulon high klm 20/50 along with the Nulon worn engine/tappet rattle additive.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You can type your car on most sites like supercheap , repco , Autobarn it will give you a full list you can choose from.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This is a rather open ended question and you'll get a myriad of answers which will all be valid to a degree. Brand comes down to personal preference or brand loyalty, I don't think one brand is particularly better than another. Mineral or fully synthetic is more about how much you want to spend unless you love running the engine really hot (and by hot I mean at the extreme end of the operating range) as synthetics are stable to higher temps but when you are talking about your average run about it's probably overkill. As for viscosity, follow the manufacturers guidelines for starters and then take into account engine life/wear etc

The most critical part is regular services, a mineral or semi-synthetic 20w-50 is a good safe bet of what ever brand you prefer. I like supporting local manufacturers where possible so Penrite oil is good for me, they also do oils with extra zinc which is good for older style engines like the 3800/ecotec V6 motors.

Just remember regular servicing is key.