Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What order do you bleed vx l67 cooling system

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Something like this helps too
original.jpeg

For years I said something like this wasn't required (and it isn't) but it does make it a lot easier and less mess. Worth the $$$ if you do cooling system stuff more than once every few years.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
80 bucks at repco, 121 at supercheap both special order.
Ebay around 58-60.
Or a 2L empty milk container or cordial bottle will do just fine, some electrical tape around the thread till it fits snug.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The beauty of that kit is the plug that allows you to remove the funnel without spilling coolant everywhere.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The beauty of that kit is the plug that allows you to remove the funnel without spilling coolant everywhere.
Yes that is true but I don't see the point unless your using it in a workshop. I just drop a golf ball in the container to block the hole before moving, you only get a few drips that way..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
80 bucks at repco, 121 at supercheap both special order.
Ebay around 58-60.
Or a 2L empty milk container or cordial bottle will do just fine, some electrical tape around the thread till it fits snug.
Did you google that?

Only weeks ago you were saying in a thread I commented in the bleeding with this method was not required and you had never needed to do it. Now you are an old hand with a milk bottle?

The use of said bottles will easily result in injury to OP as the plastics used won’t handle the temps the coolant reaches and go soft.

What’s needed is something that goes hard like the bleed kit shown or my shite ghetto version using more heat resilient plastics.

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Did you google that?

Only weeks ago you were saying in a thread I commented in the bleeding with this method was not required and you had never needed to do it. Now you are an old hand with a milk bottle?

The use of said bottles will easily result in injury to OP as the plastics used won’t handle the temps the coolant reaches and go soft.

What’s needed is something that goes hard like the bleed kit shown or my shite ghetto version using more heat resilient plastics.
Ok Einstein,
I've always used this method and told many to bleed it this way, you must be confused with another vehicle procedure that has the purge tank which you need to remove the bleeder valve on the radiator to get it full, As for the container or bottle I use cold coolant so it never gets hot, do you boil your coolant before adding it? I haven't yet seen my method melt down as the cold coolant that's half filled gets sucked in, you might see a little rise then it sucks back in, how long do you keep bleeding it for to get it so hot? Oh only thing I googled was the prices!!;)