Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What p2p

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Azureus...

Limewire is for gronks.

It takes like 5 mins to get an album from a Torrent, and 2 mins to get one song off Lamewire

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Does anyone here use private ratio torrent sites?

My TorrentLeech Ratio:
Ratio: 1.839 Uploaded: 170.76 GB Downloaded: 92.88 GB

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Utorrent is my current weapon of choice Azureus is better in theory but it's coded in Java or some crap and takes way to much cpu time for my liking

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Limewire and uTorrent, as mentioned above by greenfoam Azureus uses a shirtload of memory and processing power whereas uTorrent just troddles along using no more than 10 - 15meg compared to 50 - 100meg.

Another couple to the list :) www.mininova.org www.demonoid.com

I download linux iso's I don't know about you guys ;)

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
I have downloaded Linux ISO's before.. But usually I download something that ends in DVDRip.XviD ;)

Who wants an invite to www.torrentleech.org - It's the fastest torrent site around, no leechers and all seeders.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
I use azerus for my japanese fix

and i use frostwire for anything i cant find.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
It depends what I'm after,

BitTorrent:

uTorrent is extremely light weight, very versatile and I'd recommend it in an instant. Very good for people who just like to download stuff.

Azureus is pretty hungry for resources, but it's by design (because it exists for so many platforms it uses Java and the like and it's a pig to be kind) but it's extremely powerful.. it has a plugin system with some excellent features such as a status emailer that will send you an email when a download finishes (good if you have email on the phone), and a web interface so you can control it from another PC/XBOX/Similar (uTorrent has a webui as well now).

For everything else I use LimeWire, it's got it's share of fake stuff like everything but of the programs I've tried it's the most useful at finding good stuff. Be weary, it also uses Java and is also a pig.

EDIT: Just looked up the program patriot mentioned, looks much better than LimeWire so I think I'm going to start using that - good call mate