Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What parts will you retrofit your VE?

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
haha well it cant exactly cost you less....

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Upgrading your VE to compensate for VF envy ;-) A futile and very exe exercise. Get in one! Haha.

lowie89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SS
G'Day, anyone here looked into retrofitting a HUD into a VE Series 2 dash? I'm interested in doing the conversion and want to know what experiences people have had jacking into the CAN BUS system? I'm a mechanic myself and can work out a physical fitment but I haven't had to fit anything to a CAN BUS before.

Holden have quoted around $1050 for a new HUD and complete loom though ill be looking for a wrecked on to save a few bucks if anyone could recommend some wreckers in VIC?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
G'Day, anyone here looked into retrofitting a HUD into a VE Series 2 dash? I'm interested in doing the conversion and want to know what experiences people have had jacking into the CAN BUS system? I'm a mechanic myself and can work out a physical fitment but I haven't had to fit anything to a CAN BUS before.

Holden have quoted around $1050 for a new HUD and complete loom though ill be looking for a wrecked on to save a few bucks if anyone could recommend some wreckers in VIC?

Have you looked into apps that do this via OBD and Bluetooth? You get all those features and more by mounting a cheap phone there. Without any shroud it looks a bit weird to oncomers/ passers by, but there are quite a few off the shelf HUD units / pico projectors etc.